Who knew that MPG was in there somewhere? :)

Old May 8th 08, 09:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
DLR

Default Who knew that MPG was in there somewhere? :)

satyr wrote:
> On Wed, 07 May 2008 15:09:53 -0400, DLR >
> wrote:
>
>> Hang_Traitor_Democrats wrote:
>>> It is difficult to dispute what you are saying, but I find it hard to
>>> believe they do not allow continuances or permit evidence from being
>>> introduced. Those are basic trial rights.
>>>
>>> But then again, you are living in the Peoples' Republic of California.
>>>

>> Federal rights in criminal matters are very different issues than state procedures on civil issues. These things vary greatly state by state. Very greatly.
>>
>> Way back when a friend in Toronto told me how many drunks they'd pickup for DWI would yell for their Miranda rights, 1 phone call, etc... The police would tell them they were watching the wrong TV shows and not paying attention when in grade school.
>>
>> David

> The police are right in this case. Not having you Miranda rights read
> to you is not a get-out-of-jail-free card. It just means that any
> statements you might make are inadmissible as evidence. In many cases
> the cops have enough evidence without your statement so they don't
> give a rat's ass what you say and they don't bother to read you your
> rights.

Toronto!

Miranda doesn't cross the border. Or the 1st amendment. Or most anything else you see on a police or criminal lawyer show based in the US. But most of Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, and Windsor, plus a few other places see way more US TV than Canadian much to the consternation of the local cultural police.

David
Old May 8th 08, 09:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_6_]

Default Saturn Beer (WAS: Who knew that MPG was in there somewhere? :) )

"PerfectReign" > wrote in message
> Hang_Traitor_Democrats turned on the Etch-A-Sketch and wrote:
>
>> To make sure we stay within the spirit of the newsgroup, I am sure
>> everyone was driving a Saturn in the examples cited - right?
>>
>> ;-)

> What does that have to do with beer?

Dunno but at this point, beer is cheaper per liter than gas. If only my lil'
saturn would run on beer....

Old May 9th 08, 04:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
1978skidootnt

This money making scheme has to stop I got pulling over the middle of
the day for having a tail light out. All I had to say was "I hope so my
lights aren't on". All the cop said was thank you sir got in his car and
drove away. What was he expecting an idiot to be driving and take the
ticket. I've heard of them pulling some one over for speeding and wind
up giving them a brake light ticket that was not justified because the
light wasn't out and the person in the car didn't know it. The cop found
out the owner knew that there is a data storage box in the car and the
driver was using cruse control at the speed limit at the time. This
person was my mom about a month ago she got out of the ticket by taking
the car to a shop right after the ticket and the shop could prove the
light wasn't out with it's security cameras.

--
1978skidootnt
1978skidootnt's Profile: http://www.gmforum.com/online/member.php?userid=117

Old May 9th 08, 01:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

"Oppie" > wrote in message
> "PerfectReign" > wrote in message
>> Hang_Traitor_Democrats turned on the Etch-A-Sketch and wrote:
>>
>>> To make sure we stay within the spirit of the newsgroup, I am sure
>>> everyone was driving a Saturn in the examples cited - right?
>>>
>>> ;-)

>> What does that have to do with beer?
>>

> Dunno but at this point, beer is cheaper per liter than gas. If only my
> lil' saturn would run on beer....

I wish my Saturn ran on Methane....Just think - You'd stop at Taco Bell to
fill up! Family Trip? No prob...Get the Grande Meal and get clear-cross
country!

IYM

Old May 31st 08, 10:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Nick Hull

In article >,
SMS > wrote:

> I foolishly tried to fight a speeding ticket once.

Best is to drive an invisible car. I did that for a long time, not sure
why the car was invisible but I was NEVER stopped. Had cars in front
and behind pulled over and the cops ignored me. Drove thru stop signs
when there were multiple cruisers; they didn't see me. I drove that car
until it wore out, I was afraid to get another because I didn't know WHY
the cops couldn't see me.

Maybe it was my short hair or maybe it was the "Support your Local
Police" stickers I always had on BOTH bumpers ?