EA's New NASCAR Sim Fact Sheet

Old December 11th 04, 02:54 AM
David G Fisher

Default EA's New NASCAR Sim Fact Sheet

EA SPORTST presents the new standard in NASCAR PC racing: NASCAR SimRacing.
Created by NASCAR veterans and tested by NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series drivers
like Ryan Newman and Dale Earnhardt Jr., NASCAR SimRacing is the perfect
combination of realism, true racing 'feel', depth, and advanced EA SPORTS
presentation. Thunder down the straightaway at Daytona International
Speedway® alongside 42 other live drivers online as Voice Over IP smack talk
mixes with the roar of V8 engines in glorious surround sound.

* Race Tested, Driver Approved: The all-new racing engine in NASCAR SIM
RACING is crafted by NASCAR racing veterans from EA SPORTS and previous
NASCAR sims, and then tested by top NASCAR drivers including Ryan Newman and
Dale Earnhardt Jr. So when you brake to enter a corner, you experience the
same physics that real NASCAR drivers experience-neither arbitrarily hard or
easy, just real.

* Career Mode with Three NASCAR Racing Series: NASCAR Craftsman Trucks,
National Series, and NEXTEL Cup competition-work your way up from tough
truck racing to the big show in Career mode.

* Cut to the Chase: NASCAR Sim Racing is the first PC game to feature the
new NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points system-compete to make the field of 10 drivers
competing for the championship in the Chase for the Cup.

* EA SPORTS Authenticity and Depth: Over 60 drivers, real teams, 28 tracks,
current NASCAR NEXTEL Cup rules, and a full complement of game modes from
pick-up-and play single races to Chase for the Cup shootouts and multiple
Seasons.

High Definition Presentation and Cutting Edge Technology

* Online Racing with 43 Live Drivers: Compete with up to 42 other drivers or
fill in the field with AI drivers-the largest fields in any racing game.
Talk to your opponents with Voice Over IP (microphone and broadband Internet
connection required), compete in Hot Lap leagues and Tournaments, and
compare your results in online rankings. You can even watch races as a
spectator to check out the competition.

* Hone Your Skills with Advanced Telemetry: Analyze setups and lap times and
compare them against those of real NASCAR drivers, or exchange data to
compare notes with other sim racers.

* Thundering 3D Audio: Hear the sweet sound of 750+ horses roaring by in
Dolby® Pro Logic II audio, so close you can almost smell the hot oil and
burning rubber.

* High Resolution, Dynamic Tracks: Race on the tracks featured in the NASCAR
NEXTEL Cup series including Daytona International Speedway, Indianapolis
Motor Speedway, and Bristol Motor Speedway. In addition, experience Nazareth
Speeway, Milwaukee Mile, Indianapolis Raceway Park, and three exclusive EA
SPORTS fantasy tracks.

* Relive and Analyze Races with Replay Studio: Replay entire races and save
highlights and hot laps to relive later or show to your friends.

Navigate the high banks of Bristol Motor Speedway then watch full race
replays and analyze your telemetry against that of real drivers to improve
your skills as you progress through Career mode. Live the life of a NASCAR
driver as you rise through the ranks to Chase for the Cup in the most
realistic NASCAR game ever created.

--
David G Fisher

Old December 11th 04, 03:46 AM
Mitch_A

Any rumored release dates?

Mitch

Old December 11th 04, 04:04 AM
David G Fisher

I have no idea. Between now and February 20th I guess? :-)

--
David G Fisher

. com...

Old December 11th 04, 06:20 AM
Haxor Me

"David G Fisher" > wrote in message
> EA SPORTST presents the new standard in NASCAR PC racing: NASCAR

SimRacing.
> Created by NASCAR veterans and tested by NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series drivers
> like Ryan Newman and Dale Earnhardt Jr., NASCAR SimRacing is the perfect
> combination of realism, true racing 'feel', depth, and advanced EA SPORTS
> presentation. Thunder down the straightaway at Daytona International
> Speedway® alongside 42 other live drivers online as Voice Over IP smack

talk
> mixes with the roar of V8 engines in glorious surround sound.

BAH!! Still sounds arcadish to me...

"analyze your setups versus other drivers to improve your skills?" how the
hell is THAT supposed to work??

Sorry EA - but I ain't buying with crap presentation like that...

Old December 11th 04, 10:39 AM
JLe

Where did you read this Dave?

Is this console or PC? Thinking about it it could be First -
Nascar veterans / beta testing at First

cheer jurjen
Old December 11th 04, 10:59 AM
JLe

JLe > wrote in news:Xns95BC6C4BE44D1JLe@
194.109.133.29:

> Where did you read this Dave?
>
> Is this console or PC? Thinking about it it could be First -
> Nascar veterans / beta testing at First
>
> cheer jurjen

Never mind I found all info at
http://www.bhmotorsports.com/N2005

cheers jurjen
Old December 11th 04, 02:29 PM
Larry

MAYBE they finally got it right. The feature list is impressive finally.

Where's the demo

-Larry

Old December 11th 04, 02:31 PM
Larry

I hope you can turn the wheel off

-Larry

Old December 11th 04, 03:05 PM
Bill Bollinger

So because YOU don't understand how it is going to work, it must be crap.
Sounds logical to me.

Old December 11th 04, 04:07 PM
Bill Worrel

February 1st, 2005.