98 Instrument Cluster in a '94

Old May 10th 05, 01:44 AM
Maksym Polyakov

Default 98 Instrument Cluster in a '94

Q: will the '98 SC2 SL2 cluster fit ok in my '94 SL2 ?

--
MP
Old May 10th 05, 01:14 PM
Kevin M. Keller

Maksym Polyakov > typed until their fingers bled, and
came up with:

> Q: will the '98 SC2 SL2 cluster fit ok in my '94 SL2 ?
>
> --
> MP

No, the interiors are different. I'm sure it could be done, but you'd need
to swap the entire dash assembly.

--
Visit the Saturn Performance Club - http://www.saturnperformanceclub.com
Old May 10th 05, 11:28 PM
Lane

In addition, you would need to rewire the cluster's connector in order to
make it work. And there's no guarantees that all the gauges and circuits
within the cluster are compatible between those years.

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]
---
Visit my Saturn Car Audio and Performance Page at http://www.evilplastic.com

Old May 13th 05, 03:20 PM
Maksym Polyakov

What about 93-94 Manual Transmision Instrument Cluster into a '94
Authomatic Transmission SL2?

Old May 13th 05, 10:51 PM
Lane

I would think that would work just fine. I know of several Saturn owners
who have swapped from an automatic transmission to a manual and none have
reported ill effects as far as the cluster or idiot lights go.