Advice to Explorer Drivers

Old June 22nd 08, 06:18 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
599863331 599863331

Default Advice to Drivers of Small Pointless Japanese Cars

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 23:56:59 -0500, Jack wrote:

> When I activate my turn signal in order to change lanes, it is an
> announcement, not merely of my intention--and it is never a request for
> permission--but of an event that WILL take place very shortly. When you
> speed up in an effort to block my lane change, be advised I do not
> intimidate easily. You will be required to follow through on your
> pretense and trade paint, at least, if you wish to change my mind. Do I
> make myself clear?
>

> Explorer

You tell 'em Bubba
Old June 22nd 08, 06:19 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Alan Baker

In article >,
Jack > wrote:

> When I activate my turn signal in order to change lanes, it is an
> announcement, not merely of my intention--and it is never a request for
> permission--but of an event that WILL take place very shortly. When you
> speed up in an effort to block my lane change, be advised I do not
> intimidate easily. You will be required to follow through on your
> pretense and trade paint, at least, if you wish to change my mind. Do I
> make myself clear?
>

> Explorer

You make it clear that you're a danger to yourself and others while
driving, yes.

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
Old June 22nd 08, 06:35 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Jim Warman

The title of this thread could just as easily be "Advice to drivers of small
pointless American made SUVs"....

I do not intimidate easily.... There is every chance that I will be driving
something bigger than you are driving... You can announce your intentions
for all the world to see - you will not achieve your goal until someone
allows it....

What it boils down to - if you want to act like a ****.... Me (and many
others) will be more than happy to treat you like a ****....

Old June 22nd 08, 06:57 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Brent P[_1_]

On 2008-06-22, Jack > wrote:
> When I activate my turn signal in order to change lanes, it is an
> announcement, not merely of my intention--and it is never a request for
> permission--but of an event that WILL take place very shortly. When you
> speed up in an effort to block my lane change, be advised I do not
> intimidate easily. You will be required to follow through on your
> pretense and trade paint, at least, if you wish to change my mind. Do I
> make myself clear?

Your turn signal doesn't mean other people have to get out of your way.

If you didn't drive such an overweight turd you wouldn't have to worry
about people accelerating to block you. Of course they don't want to be
stuck behind a huge overweight turn of a vehicle which why they speed
up.

Old June 22nd 08, 07:05 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Alexander Rogge

> When I activate my turn signal in order to change lanes, it is an
> announcement, not merely of my intention--and it is never a request for
> permission--but of an event that WILL take place very shortly. When you
> speed up in an effort to block my lane change, be advised I do not
> intimidate easily.

I see this behaviour sometimes, and I do not understand it. The drivers
that try this speeding-up nonsense are usually in the passing lane but
not passing anybody. They block traffic by driving at a slow speed or
at the same speed as the driver in the right lane, until somebody tries
to pull in front of them. Then they seem to be in a big hurry to
accelerate, and tailgate anybody who gets in front of them, even trying
to undertake the passing driver. Once the passing driver moves over,
they speed up and then slow down, trying to get another driver to match
speeds and block traffic again. Keep Right Except To Pass!
Old June 22nd 08, 07:33 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Jim Warman

You are still a ****.

"Scott in SoCal" > wrote in message
> In message <swl7k.715$2G6.575@edtnps83>, "Jim Warman"
> > wrote:
>
>>What it boils down to - if you want to act like a ****.... Me (and many
>>others) will be more than happy to treat you like a ****....

> Here's how I treat ****s that top-post:
>
> *PLONK!*
> --
> Please remember not to feed ANY of the trolls - we want them ALL to
> starve.

You are still a ****.

There.... make you feel better?

Old June 22nd 08, 07:43 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Jim Warman

Just on second thought... I'm starting to have fun with this "top posting is
nasty" thing. I still don't know where the assumption that "top posting is
nasty" came from... and all the wieners have ever been able to say is (in
effect)... "Duhhhhhh, ahm gunna scroll down umpteen lines of stuff cuz it's
what Ah does.... "

So read this stuff at the top.... once you are done.... scroll down and read
the stuff at the bottom. I'm sure you buffoons will find something
disagreeable.

"Jim Warman" > wrote in message
> You are still a ****.
>
> "Scott in SoCal" > wrote in message
>> In message <swl7k.715$2G6.575@edtnps83>, "Jim Warman"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>What it boils down to - if you want to act like a ****.... Me (and many
>>>others) will be more than happy to treat you like a ****....

>> Here's how I treat ****s that top-post:
>>
>> *PLONK!*
>> --
>> Please remember not to feed ANY of the trolls - we want them ALL to
>> starve.

> You are still a ****.
>
> There.... make you feel better?

Just on second thought... I'm starting to have fun with this "top posting is
nasty" thing. I still don't know where the assumption that "top posting is
nasty" came from... and all the wieners have ever been able to say is (in
effect)... "Duhhhhhh, ahm gunna scroll down umpteen lines of stuff cuz it's
what Ah does.... "

What you just read is a copy/paste of the first lines of this reply.... If
you want to remark upon this thread, it is assumed that you will have
followed the thread. Putzing down through umpteen lines of drivel that may
or may not be hacked to ribbons is sure to leave some statements being taken
out of context.

So... in this light... I will continue to top post... for those of you that
find this abhorrant... don't read the **** at the top - scroll down and do
what ever little things it is you do on the way... you can read the exact
same thing at the bottom... Please explain to my "why" this is "easier"

Old June 23rd 08, 02:44 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Alan Baker

In article >,
Scott in SoCal > wrote:

> In message
> ]>, Alan
> Baker > wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > Jack > wrote:
> >
> >> When I activate my turn signal in order to change lanes, it is an
> >> announcement, not merely of my intention--and it is never a request for
> >> permission--but of an event that WILL take place very shortly. When you
> >> speed up in an effort to block my lane change, be advised I do not
> >> intimidate easily.

> >You make it clear that you're a danger to yourself and others while
> >driving, yes.

> This is a mirror-perfect reflection of the prevailing attitude in our
> society. Notice it's the guy in the SUV who is the "danger," not the
> little ****head in the econobox who SPEEDS UP TO BLOCK A LANE CHANGE.

I never said anything about the little ****head.

But the little ****head didn't come in here and brag about deliberately
doing something stupid and dangerous.

What I am appalled by is that we've come so far in our society that
anyone in here would applaud someone knowingly and deliberately
proceeding with a lane change that has become unsafe.

Old June 23rd 08, 03:19 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
necromancer[_5_]

wrote:

>When I activate my turn signal in order to change lanes, it is an
>announcement, not merely of my intention--and it is never a request for
>permission--but of an event that WILL take place very shortly. When you
>speed up in an effort to block my lane change, be advised I do not
>intimidate easily. You will be required to follow through on your
>pretense and trade paint, at least, if you wish to change my mind. Do I
>make myself clear?
>

>Explorer

Gkad to see that you left the, "x no-archive," thing turned off.
Hopefully, some lawyer will have a field day with you and your net
worth, Mr. Hallett....
Because it disrupts the flow of the conversation.

Why is top-posting frowned upon?
Old June 23rd 08, 08:52 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Alan Baker

In article >,
Scott in SoCal > wrote:

> In message
> ]>, Alan

> >> This is a mirror-perfect reflection of the prevailing attitude in our
> >> society. Notice it's the guy in the SUV who is the "danger," not the
> >> little ****head in the econobox who SPEEDS UP TO BLOCK A LANE CHANGE.

> >I never said anything about the little ****head.

> Well, here's your chance. How do you feel about someone who
> deliberately speeds up to block a lane change?

I think it's stupid and dangerous.

> >But the little ****head didn't come in here and brag about deliberately
> >doing something stupid and dangerous.

> So do you believe that the OP should have been a JLEDI and backed off
> instead of standing his ground?

I think the original poster shouldn't have tried to complete a lane
change when the space became insufficient. Because the circumstances
don't matter in determining whether the maneuver was safe or not.

> >What I am appalled by is that we've come so far in our society that
> >anyone in here would applaud someone knowingly and deliberately
> >proceeding with a lane change that has become unsafe.

> As I said in my other post, I don't know whom to applaud. But, unlike
> you, I don't know whom to denounce, either.

I do: both, but the original poster more. It's only an assumption that
the other driver was acting deliberately.

Almost any one of us should know from experience that most people aren't
aware enough of what is going on around them to act deliberately most of
the time.