1994 vSaturn SL2 DOHC Idle deops suddenly when coming to a stop

Old May 4th 05, 01:25 PM
wrightprice1977

Default 1994 vSaturn SL2 DOHC Idle deops suddenly when coming to a stop

When I depress the brake over and over, when coming to a complete stop,
when I turn the steering wheel, when I use my electric window switches.
All of these things will make my idle drop and it seems to have just
started this like over nite.

Can anyone help me out or give me any ideas that mite help, because I have
a feeling that it mite get to the point that it starts stalling.

Regards,
wrightprice

Old May 4th 05, 02:37 PM
wrightprice1977

Old May 4th 05, 04:02 PM
walt

Same thing happened with my 1996 SL1. Car would almost stall when
stopping. Turned out to be a dirty throttle body. Dealer cleaned it up.
No problem since. In my windows, brakes or switches had nothing to do
with it. Hope this helps.

Old May 5th 05, 01:17 PM
marx404

If your probs are caused by electrical activities, the alternator would be
one of my 1st suspects, have it tested.

Also clean the TB with TB cleaner spray and throw some Chevron Techron fuel
system cleaner in a fresh full tank of gas a few times.

marx404

Old May 5th 05, 01:23 PM
wrightprice1977

Thanks for the info I will go and give this a try.

Regards,
Price77

Old May 5th 05, 01:24 PM
wrightprice1977

Thanks for the info I will give this a shot.

Regards,
Price77