"94 Accord door locks

Old September 2nd 07, 03:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

Default "94 Accord door locks

My 94 Accord continuosly attempts to lock the doors. Is it the door
lock module, if so where is it located?

Old September 3rd 07, 01:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

On Sep 2, 10:21 am, wrote:
> My 94 Accord continuosly attempts to lock the doors. Is it the door
> lock module, if so where is it located?

If this is a two door, the problem is easier than a four door but the
issue is the same. There is a locking motor located inside the door
and one of them is bad. The bad one is typically the driver side but
it can be any of them. Disconnect the battery ( make sure that you
have the radio security code first). Remove the driver side door panel
and you will see the wires running to the lock motor. Disconnect that
and put the door controls back temporarly and if that is the bad
motor, the other lock (s) will operate correctly. It is not
extremely hard to replace but I would highly recommend that you have a
Honda shop manual or a Helms manual to help you get the door panel off
correctly and to remove the defective lock motor. You will have to
take a window rail off to get to the thing and there are three screws
one of which is hard to get to. You will also have to make sure that
the motor is hooked to the lock assembly correctly. You can get a
Honda factory replacement motor from Autozone. The box is relabeled
but the part is a Factory Honda part.