New M6

Old December 24th 04, 08:42 PM
TI

Default New M6

Fastest accelerating bimmer ever!

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/art...406895,00.html

Old December 25th 04, 04:14 PM
Frank Kemper

"TI" > haute in die Tasten:

> Fastest accelerating bimmer ever!

I do not believe that. According to german car magazine Auto Motor Sport
the M6 will be heavier(!) than the M5, although they tried to hold the
weight down with a carbon fibre roof, thinner glass and body parts made out
of plastics. As both cars share engine and drivetrain I ask myself how a
heavier car shall accelerate faster. Besides this, BMW claims 4.7 seconds
for the M5 and 4.6 seconds for the M6, which is close to nothing. Frankly,
I am a little bit disappointed about the M6 specs being so close to those
of the M5. Lately I read a comparison test claiming that the M5 needs his
special launch control mode for the 4.7 seconds, which does quite nasty
things to the clutch, while a heavier, smoother, calmer Mercedes CLS 55 AMG
needs only a simple 5 speed auto gearbox with wear-free torque converter
and a full throttle for the same figures.

If BMW wants to steal customers from the Porsche 911 Carrera S, they should
think about even better performance, because currently a M6 would have some
problems outrunning a Carrera S - and peple who do not lust for such
comparsions, will buy the 645i anyway.

Frank

Citroen - Made in Trance
Old December 25th 04, 05:30 PM
Michael Low

the breasts flat (parboil first if using umbilical
cords so they won?t be tough).
Place a slice of ham and cheese on each, along with some minced onion
then fold in half, trimming neatly.
Dredge in flour, eggwash, then seasoned breadcrumbs;
allow to sit for a few minutes.
Sauté in butter and olive oil until golden brown,
about 6 minutes on each side.

Shish Kababes

As old as the hills, this technique has employed seafood, beef, pork, lamb,
poultry, and vegetables; just about anything can be grilled, and young humans
are no exception!

High quality marinade (Teriyaki and garlic perhaps)
1 inch cubes of tender meat, preferably from the nursery
Onions
bell peppers
Wooden or metal skewers

Marinate the meat overnight.
Get the grill good and hot while placing meat, vegetables, and
fruit such as pineapples or cherries on the skewers.
Don?t be afraid to use a variety of meats.
Grill to medium rare,
serve with garlic cous-cous and sautéed asparagus.
Coffee and sherbet for desert then walnuts, cheese, and port.
Cigars for the gentlemen (and ladies if they so desire)!

Crock-Pot Crack Baby

When the quivering, hopelessly addic

Old December 25th 04, 05:50 PM
Frank Kemper

Leviticus 26:29

Roast Child with Cornbread Stuffing

Turkey may be substituted for this classic holiday feast.
Although time consuming, this dish seems to take longer than it actually does;
as the entire house is filled with such a heavenly aroma,
the waiting becomes almost unbearable.

1 whole child, cleaned and de-headed
1 batch cornbread stuffing (see index)
½ cup melted butter

Remove the giblets from the infant and set aside.
Stuff the cavity where the child?s genitals and anus were located
using ½ cup per pound of meat.
Tie the arms flat to the body, then pull the skin flaps up to close the cavity.
Now tie the thighs up tight to hold it all together.
Place breast side up in a large metal roasting pan.
Bake in 325° oven covered for 2 hours.
Remove cover, stick a cooking thermometer deep into one of the
baby?s buttocks and cook uncovered till thermometer reads 190°,
about another hour.

Pro-Choice Po-Boy

Soft-shelled crabs serve just as well in this classic southern delicacy.
The sandwich originated in New Orleans, where an abundance of abortion clinics
thrive and hot French bread is always available.

2 cleaned fetuses, head on
2 eggs
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1 cup seasoned flour
oil enough for deep frying
1 loaf French bread
Lettuce
tomatoes
mayonnaise, etc.

Marinate the fetuses in the egg-mustard mixture.
Dredge thoroughly in flour.
Fry at 375° until crispy golden brown.
Remove and place on paper towels.

Holiday Youngster

One can easily adapt this recipe to ham, though as presented,
it violates no religious taboos against swine.

1 large toddler or small child, cleaned and de-headed
Kentucky Bourbon Sauce (see index)
1 large can pineapple slices
Whole cloves

Place him (or ham) or her in a large glass baking dish, buttocks up.
Tie with butcher string around and across so that he looks like
he?s crawli

Old December 25th 04, 06:54 PM
Michael Low

I suppose BMW's achievement lies in the M6's ability to thus perform
with a normally-aspirated engine. But truth be told, an AMG SL 55 will
do 0-60 in 4.5 seconds and the behaviour of the SC engine is quite
tractable and linear. Even the E 55 will post 4.5 second. Maybe it's
time BMW consider supercharging. I have test driven several SC
Mercedes models and the engines are quite linear and nice to use.
Michael

Old December 25th 04, 10:53 PM
dweezil

I hesitate to point this out on a BMW board - but the fact is I just
happily dumped my 2000 911 (I know, it's not an "S") for the M5 with
Dinan S2 upgrades. The porsche is basically a piece of junk. Which
reminds me, I've been meaning to write a long diatribe about how awful
the 911 is on one of the Porsche boards... talk about a company that's
living on past glories.

Old December 27th 04, 12:26 PM
Dori A Schmetterling

I am SO sorry. It looks like you have just been stopped buying an M6
because of the trivial performance difference between it and the M5.

And now either Auto Motor Sport of the Sunday Times are lying, since the
latter claims that the M will be lighter by 100 lb (c. 45 kg) but the former
thinks it will be heavier, presumably also by some trivial 2.5%.

:-)))))

Frankly, who gives a damn? The number of people buying either will be
<3-point font SMALL end 3-point font>.

DAS
---

"Frank Kemper" > wrote in message
[...]
> I am a little bit disappointed about the M6 specs being so close to those
> of the M5.

[...]

Old December 27th 04, 09:20 PM
Frank Kemper

"Dori A Schmetterling" > haute in die Tasten:

> Frankly, who gives a damn?

It depends. If you are a real BMW fanatic, then you may give a damn that
BMW is going to make a high performance coupé which does not perform better
than the cheaper limo. If you take cars basically as transportation tools,
then this may not bother you at all;-)

Frank

Citroen - Made in Trance