CRX : no restart after stall

Old April 30th 10, 10:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Meatman

Default CRX : no restart after stall

1988 CRX DX. Stock. Ok otherwise except that exhaust smells rich
pretty regularly. Just did TP sensor. No MIL. Will check for LED
blink codes tomorrow(today) SITUATION: cold engine. 60 degrees
outside. Start up and then warm up for 10 mins and then accidentally
stall 'cause I'm on a hill and had the E-brake engaged too many clicks
for take-off to prevent rolling in the lake 8^) Tried to restart
and...nothing. Not even a sputter/stumble/failed attempt. Turns over
like a champ. Walked away for NO MORE than 5-10 mins and tried
again. Perfect, started right up. Thoughts? I had noticed this off
and on from time to time over the years, but about now I'm in the mode
of "gettin' the BS fixed!" Thoughts? And Thank You in advance, as
always. Kevin.
Old April 30th 10, 11:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Elle[_4_]

Dying after being warmed up then failing to re-start for several
minutes point to a bad ignition coil (located at the distributor.
Consider replacing the igniter at the same time. Use OEM only. OEM
here pays for itself.

This should help, too: http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/faq.html#startrun
Old May 2nd 10, 05:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Kaz Kylheku

On 2010-04-30, Meatman > wrote:
> Walked away for NO MORE than 5-10 mins and tried
> again. Perfect, started right up. Thoughts?

Wild-assed guess: engine flooded with fuel, which had a chance to
evaporate?
Old May 2nd 10, 11:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Meatman

On May 1, 11:23*pm, Kaz Kylheku > wrote:
> On 2010-04-30, Meatman > wrote:
>
> > Walked away for NO MORE than 5-10 mins and tried
> > again. *Perfect, started right up. *Thoughts?

> Wild-assed guess: engine flooded with fuel, which had a chance to
> evaporate?

Hard to say, for me. Tried to do an exact "reinactment" last night.
But no luck. It wouldn't fail. Will try again. Was kinda sorta
under the impression that "flooded" applied to carbs, not FI. This
CRX if DPFI if that helps.
Old May 2nd 10, 04:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam[_4_]

On 05/02/2010 03:09 AM, Meatman wrote:
> On May 1, 11:23�pm, Kaz > wrote:
>> On 2010-04-30, > wrote:
>>
>>> Walked away for NO MORE than 5-10 mins and tried
>>> again. �Perfect, started right up. �Thoughts?

>> Wild-assed guess: engine flooded with fuel, which had a chance to
>> evaporate?

> Hard to say, for me. Tried to do an exact "reinactment" last night.
> But no luck. It wouldn't fail. Will try again. Was kinda sorta
> under the impression that "flooded" applied to carbs, not FI. This
> CRX if DPFI if that helps.

no, "flooded" happens to fi as well.

have you looked at the ecu to see if there are any codes stored? if
it's 16, there's a good chance the problem is the main relay. tegger
has the explanation [and cure] on his excellent website. otherwise,
investigate ell and tegger's suggestions here.

[great car btw - i have a 90 dx.]

--
nomina rutrum rutrum
Old May 2nd 10, 06:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Marty Bose

In article >, Kaz Kylheku
> wrote:

> On 2010-04-30, Meatman > wrote:
> > Walked away for NO MORE than 5-10 mins and tried
> > again. Perfect, started right up. Thoughts?

> Wild-assed guess: engine flooded with fuel, which had a chance to
> evaporate?

I've had this happen to me if the engine kicked backwards a little
while it stalled. It seemed to be something that the ECU decided was
wrong. If I wait a while it will reset and start just fine, if I was
in a hurry I would just pull the ECU fuse under the hood for about 10
seconds and it starts immediately.

Marty

89 Escort 1.9L stalls - won't restart right away Simpson[_3_] Technology 12 April 3rd 08 03:29 PM
old restart..79 S DELLINGER Corvette 4 June 11th 07 04:29 AM
JGC won't restart!!! GTI Jeep 3 October 9th 06 02:50 AM
91 Wrangler stalls and won't restart [email protected] Jeep 17 December 15th 05 02:24 AM
73 Super - Hard Restart [email protected] VW air cooled 4 October 3rd 05 10:06 PM