Millions of illegals on roads, but let's screw US citizen teen drivers instead

Old September 24th 05, 01:04 PM
arminius

Default Millions of illegals on roads, but let's screw US citizen teen drivers instead

> [...]
>
> The bill toughens a 1997 California law known as the "provisional
> licensing law," which seeks to reduce teen crashes by limiting driving
> rights during times and in situations that statistics suggest are more
> dangerous.
>
> [If you wanna mention statistics, illegal alien drivers lead the way
> in respect to driving drunk, hit & run incidents, driving recklessly
> (you'd think just the opposite, that they'd take pains to be
> ultra-safe behind the wheel, but it's part of their ingrained "macho"
> mindset), and operating unroadworthy vehicles that are in some cacses
> literally held together with string.]
>
> The law applies only to first-year drivers who are younger than 18.
>
> ["And to no illegal aliens of any age."]
>
> If approved by the governor, it would place California among a growing
> number of states that have been tightening restrictions on teen
> drivers.
>
> The bill allows several exceptions to the curfew, including for teens
> traveling to or from work, driving for medical "necessity" or
> transporting immediate family members.
>
> [Or illegal aliens, who are de jure prohibited from driving but de
> facto allowed to so so unimpeded -- until they kill someone. Then
> they'll actually impound the illegal alien's $600 car!]
>
> Teens also would be allowed to drive after 11 p.m. for authorized
> school activities, such as a dance, if they carry something in writing
> from school officials stating when the event is taking place, Maze's
> staff members said.
>
> [What's next, Soviet-style "internal passports" for domestic travel?
> In fact, this whole scheme reeks of something quite close to "internal
> passports."]
>
> But McGarry, who got her driver's license four months ago, said the
> no-passenger rule is overdoing it. It postpones teens' ability to
> carpool to and from events.
>
> "My friend and I were talking about this, and we can understand no
> passengers for three months, but (even) six months is too much,"
> McGarry said.
>
> Her father, Brian, agrees the restrictions seem tough. "There are a
> lot more things (the Legislature) can be focusing on than an hour
> here, six months there," he said.
>
> [Indeed -- like ridding the state of the millions of illegal aliens
> who now drive on its roads.]
>
> Several states have imposed a no-cell-phone rule in recent years,
> according to the National Transportation Safety Board. They include
> Delaware, Maine, Maryland and New Jersey. A similar bill in California
> stalled in the Legislature this year.
>
> [These laws need to be amended to exempt cell phone-using motorists
> who can prove they were using their cell phones to report dangerous
> drivers -- frequently enough, in California, suspected illegal aliens
> -- to police.]
>
> http://www.sacbee.com/content/news/t...14429975c.html

> Was this post informative? Consider printing it or emailing it to

someone you know.

> "A passionate attachment of one nation for another produces a variety of

evils. Sympathy for the favorite nation . . . betrays [one nation] into a
participation in the quarrels and wars of the latter . . .
> "Against the insidious wiles of foreign influence the jealousy of a free

people ought to be constantly awake, since history and experience prove that
foreign influence is one of the most baneful foes of republican government.
> "Nothing is more essential than that permanent, inveterate
> antipathies against particular nations and passionate
> attachments for others should be excluded."
>
> -- President George Washington
> Farewell Address

Naturally, the hacks in Washington are ineffective in dealing with illegal
alien drivers. I suppose they are thinking of the latino voting bloc.

Hank

Old September 24th 05, 01:27 PM
armpit

"arminius" <richard > wrote in message
.. .

> [...]

>> of

> evils. Sympathy for the favorite nation . . . betrays [one nation] into a
> participation in the quarrels and wars of the latter . . .
>> "Against the insidious wiles of foreign influence the jealousy of a
>> free

> people ought to be constantly awake, since history and experience prove
> that
> foreign influence is one of the most baneful foes of republican
> government.
>> "Nothing is more essential than that permanent, inveterate
>> antipathies against particular nations and passionate
>> attachments for others should be excluded."
>>
>> -- President George Washington
>> Farewell Address

> Naturally, the hacks in Washington are ineffective in dealing with illegal
> alien drivers. I suppose they are thinking of the latino voting bloc.

Illegals can't vote, can they?

Old September 24th 05, 04:47 PM
Paul.

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 08:27:08 -0400, armpit >
said the following in rec.autos.driving...

> Illegals can't vote, can they?

Legally, no. But since when has that stopped them?

--
Paul.

Self appointed unofficial overseer
of kooks and trolls in rec.autos.driving
Old September 24th 05, 08:35 PM

I can see where your comming form, but I cant feel any remose for them.
Pennsylvania already has the 11 o'clock cerfew rule and is trying to
make the age for young drivers driving on there own to 18. Tthats 2
years driving with your parents, thats something even I think is
overboard.