Electric Rangers for sale

Old June 19th 07, 11:49 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Default Electric Rangers for sale

Who would buy a second hand electric car/truck/van and then it turns out
the vehicle's batteries are worn out (or almost worn out) and the
vehicle needs a set of new or rebult expensive replacement batteries? I
wouldn't.The Air Cars are in production in India, but they won't/can't
be sold in America because the body panels are glued together.I wouldn't
mind owning an Air Car for gong to the food store and other nearby
places. www.theaircar.com
cuhulin

Old June 20th 07, 02:20 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Proctologically Violated©®

Esp asking 30K for the Ranger, and 7-9K for replacement batts. + extra for
the charger, ferchrissakes...

Nice link.
--
------

Absolutely Vote, but NOT for a Democrat or a Republican.
Ending Corruption in Congress is the *Single Best Way*
to Materially Improve Your Family's Life.
The Solution is so simple--and inexpensive!

all d'numbuhs

Old June 20th 07, 02:09 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Tony Belding

On 2007-06-18 23:49:58 -0500, clifto > said:

> At my house the danger of dozens of heavy, acid-filled batteries in an
> accident situation is a much bigger obstacle.

Lithium is the lightest metallic element, it's nothing like lead.
Li-ion and li-poly batteries are considered non-toxic by the EPA, so
you can actually dump them in a landfill when they are worn out --
although it makes more sense to recycle them, because they do contain
some valuable materials.

There have been some instances of laptop computer batteries bursting
into flames, but the newer chemistries (such as Phoenix are using) are
highly resistant to that. The only way they would burn would be if you
crashed into a SUV, for example, and burning gasoline poured all over
your batteries. Then they would catch fire, but by then you have
bigger problems to worry about.

Just to put this in perspective, there were something like five
instances of laptops exploding, and it was splashed all over the
internet and TV news. Every day about 900 gasoline cars catch fire
across the USA, and it isn't news because it's too common.

--
Tony Belding, Hamilton Texas

Old June 20th 07, 02:22 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Tony Belding

On 2007-06-19 01:25:04 -0500, "Proctologically Violated©®"
> said:

> The truck looks really nice. 95 mph, 0-60 of 10 sec, 100 mi range.
> But the site is a little cryptic. I couldn't find a price, or battery
> price.
> Do you know what they're asking?
> They claim 500 cars being made in 2007, 6,000 in 2008.

It hasn't been announced to the public yet, officially.

However, according to my sources. . . The trucks today cost well in
excess of $100,000 to manufacture, due to the advanced batteries (i.e.
$70,000 worth of batteries, plus motor, power electronics, low-volume
production). They are planning to sell the trucks in California for
$45,000 each, which would earn them 40 ZEV credits per truck. Phoenix
believe they can sell the ZEV credits to other manufacturers for $5,000
each, for a total of $200,000 per truck.

This economic theory is not yet proven, the say the least.

Eventually these batteries will be mass-produced, vehicles will be
mass-produced, and the cost will plummet, the same as we've seen happen
with other technologies. It will take at least several years, though.
I doubt whether we'll ever see electric vehicles as inexpensive as
gasoline-powered ones, but you have to also factor in the lower cost of
operating the electrics (in terms of fuel and maintenance), so at some
time in the future the balance will tip in their favor. It may be 5 to
10 years away, at a guess.

--
Tony Belding, Hamilton Texas

Old June 20th 07, 10:40 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
clifto

Tony Belding wrote:
> On 2007-06-18 23:49:58 -0500, clifto > said:
>
>> At my house the danger of dozens of heavy, acid-filled batteries in an
>> accident situation is a much bigger obstacle.

> Lithium is the lightest metallic element, it's nothing like lead.
> Li-ion and li-poly batteries are considered non-toxic by the EPA, so you
> can actually dump them in a landfill when they are worn out -- although
> it makes more sense to recycle them, because they do contain some
> valuable materials.

Snipped the part about flames. First, just because lithium is lighter than
plutonium doesn't mean that large quantities of lithium won't weigh a lot.
Second, you haven't addressed electrolyte spills from cracked cases.

And despite all the blather about how economical it's going to be to maintain
those battery packs, wait until there's some real-life experience with the
actual economics of it. And wait until people realize they're exchanging
a pack that's good but for one battery for a pack that has half its batteries
nearly spent and sulfated, "but it's guaranteed" so they can go back as many
times as is needed to find a pack that will work marginally well, but the
backlog for repairing one's own pack is three weeks and they need the car
now.

The only hope for the electric car is that hypersuperduper capacitor
storage device someone's developing, and no one really knows what one
of those will be like in a big collision either.
Old June 21st 07, 03:32 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Oh, I read something in my July 2007 Popular Mechanics magazine that
Steorn is going to prove their technology works, let me find that
article in my magazine,,,,,,,,,,

Here T'Is, if I may Quote the article,

Time Machine /// January, 1903.Irish Company Steorn LTD.recently claimed
that, come July 2007, it will prove that its ''magneto-mechanical''
perpetual motion technology creates more energy than it consumes.Trying
to buck the law of thermodynamics is nothing new.In 1903, PM ran a
sketch of a machine that a reader said will ''run itself with a gain of
power''. It involved a wheel, ball bearings and a screw pipe.We said it
''resembles perpetual motion''.Not that it worked, of course.If Steorn's
system pans out, we'll be sure to let you know.

Unquote.

Well Steorn LTD, here's mud in your eye.I hope it works.
cuhulin

Old October 19th 13, 11:24 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

Can you send me pics of your inventory.

Jesse

Old October 21st 13, 04:19 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
m6onz5a

On Saturday, October 19, 2013 6:24:54 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> Can you send me pics of your inventory.
>

> Jesse
>

> On Thursday, June 7, 2007 9:20:37 AM UTC-5, EVRanger wrote:
>
> > We have exciting news!

> > Our company was able to save a number of Ford EV Rangers from

> > being "disposed of". If you were one of the original users/lessees

> > of these trucks, we know how hard it was to turn them in at the end

> > of your lease. Now is your opportunity to put these trucks back into

> > your garage for good!

> > All of our trucks are lease returns, and some were originally leased

> > by government or utility customers. Due to the short term of the

> > original leases, and the controlled applications in which they were

> > used, all of our trucks have very low mileage (only 6,000-16,000

> > miles!). Model years range from 1998-2001.

> > Because of our unique experience working with electric vehicles, we

> > have the technical expertise to ensure these trucks are in top

> > operating condition. You can be assured that each vehicle you

> > purchase has passed a thorough 95+ point inspection, safety check,

> > and had the entire battery pack replaced, or refurbished.

> > These trucks are being sold "as is". We are, however, offering a

> > Limited Traction Battery Pack Warranty. If range drops more than 10

> > miles within 6 months, ship vehicle back to us (FOB Sacramento) and

> > we will repair it at no charge (includes parts and labor for

> > batteries only). Special warranty applies only to the repair of the

> > vehicle traction battery pack batteries only, and does not affect the

> > rest of the vehicle or other components.

> > In addition, we are the official used parts provider, on behalf of

> > Ford Motor Company, and carry a large inventory of EV Ranger parts.

> > We are offering discount pricing for fleet purchases of 3 or more,

> > and have more than a dozen units ready to ship.

> > Please share this information with your stakeholders, local fleets or

> > interested parties. Please respond to us with your questions at,

> > We will respond to all inquiries, and look forward

> > to working with you!

You do realize this thread is over 6 years old?