Honda civic vs. Mitsubishi Lancer

Old January 7th 06, 03:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Honda civic vs. Mitsubishi Lancer

Hello everyone,

I'm a Honda lover, and I own a 2005 Honda Accord EX, but it is in the shop
and I am having my bumper fixed after hitting a snow bank. Prior to my
Accord I had a new Honda Civic EX auto (2002) and liked it alot. Right now I
am driving a Mitsubishi Lancer ES auto from the rental company I used. Its a
2005 and seems pretty good in terms of what you get for a price that's about
15k USA. Its kind of loud compared to both the civic and the accord but
seems to handle and run well, and I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts
on how the Lancer compared to the Civic, or any Mitsubishi car compared to
Honda in general? The guy at the rental place told me that the Lancer is the
equivalent to the Honda Civic, so that's why I am asking.

Thanks,

Al

Old January 7th 06, 05:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Al wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm a Honda lover, and I own a 2005 Honda Accord EX, but it is in the shop
> and I am having my bumper fixed after hitting a snow bank. Prior to my
> Accord I had a new Honda Civic EX auto (2002) and liked it alot. Right now I
> am driving a Mitsubishi Lancer ES auto from the rental company I used. Its a
> 2005 and seems pretty good in terms of what you get for a price that's about
> 15k USA. Its kind of loud compared to both the civic and the accord but
> seems to handle and run well, and I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts
> on how the Lancer compared to the Civic, or any Mitsubishi car compared to
> Honda in general? The guy at the rental place told me that the Lancer is the
> equivalent to the Honda Civic, so that's why I am asking.

mitsu build quality sucks. their switchgear is notoriously cheesy, and
its not uncommon to replace O/D, headlight, and window switches due to
them falling apart during normal use.
Old January 7th 06, 08:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

> mitsu build quality sucks. their switchgear is notoriously cheesy, and
> its not uncommon to replace O/D, headlight, and window switches due to
> them falling apart during normal use.

Okay, pardon my stupid sounding questions, but when you say switch gear, do
you mean the switches in the car? What is a O/D switch? What about the rest
of the car like the engine and transmission etc?

Thanks,
Al

Old January 8th 06, 01:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Mitsubishi is the least reliable japanese car out there. I think Hyundai
beats it in reliability.

What's the point of a 10 year warranty when you spend half the time at the
dealer.

ink.net...

Old January 8th 06, 02:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Go to Kelly Blue Book of such and compare the resale of a 5 year old Honda
Civic to a 5 year old Mitsubishi Lancer ES. That will tell you a lot right
there. It always kills me when people I know by a Chevy Cavalier because the
Civic is too expensive even though their Cavalier will have depreciate to
nothing in five years or so and is much less of a car.

k.net...

Old January 8th 06, 07:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Al wrote:
>> mitsu build quality sucks. their switchgear is notoriously cheesy, and
>> its not uncommon to replace O/D, headlight, and window switches due to
>> them falling apart during normal use.

> Okay, pardon my stupid sounding questions, but when you say switch gear, do
> you mean the switches in the car? What is a O/D switch? What about the rest
> of the car like the engine and transmission etc?

the engines are generally ok, and their trannies are better. switchgear,
meaning all the little electrical switches and whatnot. just generally
designed and built cheaply, and it feels and shows.
Old January 8th 06, 07:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Oliver Obad wrote:
> Mitsubishi is the least reliable japanese car out there. I think Hyundai
> beats it in reliability.

id put it a little below nissan, but likely above suzuki and isuzu.
Old January 10th 06, 05:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

depends if you want to keep it or sell it in 5 years.

Cavaliers are disposable cars, like the Dodge Neon. They are made from
papier mache (paper glued with flour paste). Just look at their crash
ratings.

. ..