plugs 4 my 2000 Civic ?

Old January 11th 09, 04:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
2000 Civic

Default plugs 4 my 2000 Civic ?

I need a set of NGK ZFR5F-11s for my Civic, does it matter where I get
them if there NGKs (this is a DIY job) ?
Old January 11th 09, 04:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Sharp Dressed Man[_3_]

"2000 Civic" > wrote in message
>I need a set of NGK ZFR5F-11s for my Civic, does it matter where I get
> them if there NGKs (this is a DIY job) ?

Good thing you asked. It's critical that you buy them at the right place--
lest your engine explode on first post-change start....

Old January 11th 09, 04:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
2000 Civic

On Jan 11, 10:09*am, "Sharp Dressed Man" > wrote:
> "2000 Civic" > wrote in message

> >I need a set of NGK ZFR5F-11s for my Civic, does it matter where I get
> > them if there NGKs *(this is a DIY job) ?

> Good thing you asked. It's critical that you buy them at the right place-- *
> lest your engine explode on first post-change start....

Does that mean just shop price ?
Old January 11th 09, 06:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

Thus spake 2000 Civic > :

>On Jan 11, 10:09*am, "Sharp Dressed Man" > wrote:
>> "2000 Civic" > wrote in message

>> >I need a set of NGK ZFR5F-11s for my Civic, does it matter where I get
>> > them if there NGKs *(this is a DIY job) ?

>> Good thing you asked. It's critical that you buy them at the right place-- *
>> lest your engine explode on first post-change start....

>Does that mean just shop price ?

Yeah. I used a local non-national-chain parts shop that almost always
had the best prices. He never tried to sell me an "equivalent" part.
And he'd always check his book to make sure I was actually getting the
right part.
--
- dillon I am not invalid

When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams come true.
Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which
will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no
matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Old January 14th 09, 03:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

Look on NGK's web site. It includes installation instructions and
other FAQs. http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/

Check www.rockauto.com for prices. The OEM V-Power you have are $3
each + shipping, the excellent Iridium-IX are $7.07 each + shipping.
I'd get the Iridium-IX. Toyota spec'ed Laser-Iridiums for 120K miles.

Use their online catalog to find the suitable plugs. The excellent
Iridium-IXs look great even after 50K miles, with only slightest wear
on the ground electrode (there are NGK *Laser-Iridiums* for that
reason, PZFR5F-11, with a platinum ground pad).

For example, for the Civic D16Y7 engine:
V-Power ZFR5F-11 # 2262 .044
G-Power ZFR5FGP 7098 .044
Laser Platinum PZFR5F-11 * 4363 .044
Iridium IX ZFR5FIX-11 2477 .044

Old January 17th 09, 10:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
2000 Civic

On Jan 13, 9:05*pm, wrote:
> Look on NGK's web site. It includes installation instructions and
> other FAQs.http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/
>
> Checkwww.rockauto.comfor prices. The OEM V-Power you have are $3
> each + shipping, the excellent Iridium-IX are $7.07 each + shipping.
> I'd get the Iridium-IX. Toyota spec'ed Laser-Iridiums for 120K miles.
>
> Use their online catalog to find the suitable plugs. The excellent
> Iridium-IXs look great even after 50K miles, with only slightest wear
> on the ground electrode (there are NGK *Laser-Iridiums* for that
> reason, PZFR5F-11, with a platinum ground pad).
>
> For example, for the Civic D16Y7 engine:
> V-Power * * * * ZFR5F-11 # * * *2262 * *.044
> G-Power * * * * ZFR5FGP * * * * 7098 * *.044
> Laser Platinum *PZFR5F-11 * * * 4363 * *.044
> Iridium IX * * *ZFR5FIX-11 * * *2477 * *.044
>
> On Jan 11, 8:03*am, 2000 Civic > wrote:
>
> > I need a set of NGK ZFR5F-11s for my Civic, does it matter where I get
> > them if there NGKs *(this is a DIY job) ?

Lots of good info here, thanks all !