Its a Jeep Thing

Old March 14th 05, 02:32 PM
Dirty Ditch Dawg

Default Its a Jeep Thing

well, the wife and i went booniee hoppin saterday found an old mining
road that hadnt been used in years, alot of washouts and
mougles(spellin) and parts where it had slid down the mounain side,
nice slow bumpy ups and downs, all crooked and twisted up.
about 3 miles of this and we got to a small peak in the middle of a
vally, parked had some lunch, saw an eagle flying around,
quiet, peacefull, sunny, warm, yup a jeep day,,
sunday, i went to the hardware store to get some bolts, (again sunny
top down,)
im fixing my rear seat, welding up a storage trunk for underneath it,(i
refuse to buy one) so i parked, went inside,
on comming out. im looking for my jeep, and there it sat,
only it looks realy small, tiny, and sad,
now im only just starting to get my jeep "built"
a winch, 2.5 springlift, new motor, 1 inch body lift, 30inch tires i
robbed off my truck, highlift jack, KC lights,
on my home built brush bar, and self-built 2X4 rocker bars,
and an assortment of other goodies,
BUT there it sat, sad looking,

Because SOMEONE,,,,parked next to me, with a CJ,
now "his/her" JEEP was built,,,to the hilt,
his lower body was as high as the top of my tub,
nice full cage, BIG meats for tires, bikinie top,(next for me)
and im guesing all sort of "toys" underneath, SYe and all,
so ya i was jealous,
starting my jeep up, and slinking off,
,
then i got down the road, and the wind hit the back of my head, the sun
got in my eyes, and i listened to the suspension, as it
chimed its tune out to the bumps, looked at the road go by my
leggs,
and thought,
top-less,door-less, sunshine, bolts, washers, angle iron,
how much better can it get,
,
Yup, definatly, a Jeep thing,
but now, im contimplating a springover for this winters project,
till then,
its a JEEP,
MY Jeep, My build,but dam that was a sweet CJ
,
johnp.

Old March 14th 05, 07:09 PM
attnews

you just about summed it up....

oups.com...

Old March 15th 05, 01:12 AM
Nathan Otis

lol!
n.

Old March 15th 05, 01:37 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

It is understood that the Original Poster's '90 YJ is one hundred
percent AMC, except for Chrysler's change to "C" clip assembly:
http://www.billhughes.com/dana35c/
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O

Old March 15th 05, 01:46 AM
Jerry Bransford

Bill this is just another case of you being full of ****. The c-clip
Dana 35c was introduced into the YJ Wrangler in 1989, many years before
Chrysler purchased Jeep.

--
Jerry Bransford
PP-ASEL N6TAY
Old March 15th 05, 01:56 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Maybe you should write these American Motor Corporation sites and
tell them: http://www.jjournal.net/jeep/reference/jeepbyyear.html
http://www.californiajeeper.com/jeep-history.htm
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old March 15th 05, 02:00 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

http://www.californiajeeper.com/axle.htm

Old March 15th 05, 02:09 AM
Dirty Ditch Dawg

Wasnt trying to start a war,
i was just commenting on how much fun i have with my Wife and my JEEP,
and how the other Jeep got me a little jealous,
hes got all his toys, im still building,
i wasnt knocking year or make, or company.

who cares what year, its still a jeep,
and so far my "clips" are still hanging.
johnp

oh my first car was an AMC-javlin, as a 16 year old i beat the crap
outa it,
and alot of that was on back roads of maine, and even some trails,
i broke the springs, rolled it, and eventualy blew the 360 in a race,
and did the "ditch-thing"
but it was fun,

Old March 15th 05, 03:02 AM
Matt Macchiarolo

Jerry, Chrysler's purchase of AMC was finalized in April 1987, I believe.

What is a TJ? Brian Foster Jeep 23 January 22nd 05 07:06 AM
Jeep VS others Elliot Westcott Chrysler 64 December 19th 04 03:22 PM
Chrysler to show Jeep pickup and "FirePower" sports car concepts inDetroit MoPar Man Chrysler 4 December 10th 04 08:45 PM