Noise when turning

Old August 28th 06, 04:25 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

Default Noise when turning

My 97 civic is making a groaning/grinding noise when turning left
pretty sharply. From what I've read, it's likely the be the outer CV
joint. Anyboyd have any idea of how much money it costs to fix a failed
outer CV? Also, can I keep driving the car with the CV I have now?

Thanks!

Old August 29th 06, 04:13 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
TeGGeR®

" > wrote in
oups.com:

> My 97 civic is making a groaning/grinding noise when turning left
> pretty sharply. From what I've read, it's likely the be the outer CV
> joint. Anyboyd have any idea of how much money it costs to fix a failed
> outer CV? Also, can I keep driving the car with the CV I have now?

A failed outer CV joint will click-click-click-click or clunk-clunk-clunk-
clunk, or make some other regular noise.

Your problem sounds more like a seizing lower balljoint. Better get that
looked at right quick, or...
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/lower...int/index.html
(I didn't have much fun that day.)

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/

E46 Screeching noise on turning right DW Manchester BMW 2 June 22nd 06 04:40 AM
01 GLX Carbio - popping sound while turning and backing after new rack, tie rods and ends cstoddard VW water cooled 2 November 5th 05 08:45 AM
300m Noise when turning Steve Chrysler 1 March 21st 05 09:33 PM
Steering column grinding / squeaking noise when turning right Ed Jones VW air cooled 2 January 2nd 05 11:45 AM