Direction GM's taking Saturn

Old August 31st 06, 07:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
[email protected]

Default Direction GM's taking Saturn

BläBlä wrote:
>> What's so great about polymer panels that you "must" have them? They're

> certainly nothing to cry over. They were as advance as they were going
> to get.

you buy a car, someone does something that puts a ding in it, you hate
seeing it, everytime you look at it you see it, it turns you inside out
because when it happened it was avoidable, but it's too expensive to
replace

Old August 31st 06, 10:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
SnoMan

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 16:42:02 GMT, BläBlä
. S!RCRE4P.C0M> wrote:

>The last WS6 Firebird made 325 hp and it received a 28mpg highway rating
>from the EPA.

Need to clarify somie thing here, the EPA does not test rate them any
more and has not for years, Detriot performs there one tests and speed
avewrage on highway cyclle is 48 with top speed of 59. Anoy wne that
says they get 30 MPG with one of those cars is really spinning a yarn
big time (maybe 30 KPG but not30MPG)
-----------------
TheSnoMan.com
Old September 1st 06, 12:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
[email protected]

My last long trip I got 29.3 miles per gallon with CC.
It has 2 very tall overdrives for a reason dips;;;.
Lead foots need not apply!

> Need to clarify somie thing here, the EPA does not test rate them any
> more and has not for years, Detriot performs there one tests and speed
> avewrage on highway

buh buh buh what?

cyclle is 48 with top speed of 59. Anoy wne that

buh buh buh

Old September 1st 06, 06:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
[email protected]

SnoMan wrote:

> Part of the reason for the lack of lure was GM np haggle price that
> chased away a lot of sales. They had a interesting concept but lacked etc....
> > TheSnoMan.com

I liked the no haggle price concept-- the car I bought was the same
deal as the next guy as the one before me--I didn't drive away
thinking, damn, I bet if I had argued another 2 hours I could have ....

Old September 1st 06, 02:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Buster

$300-500 doesn't even cover the salesman's commision. How do you
suppose the dealer pays for the building, taxes, the lights so you can
shop at night, the guy who keeps the car clean, etc. Some profit is
essential for a retailer to stay in business, they aren't supported by
your tax dollars. That said, I'm all for getting the best deal you
can! Your buying technique is the most effective one out there, btw.
Buster

<snip>

Old September 1st 06, 02:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Buster

If it weren't for the plastic panels, what would make my Saturn better
than any other car? I've bought a couple of replacement Saturns
because they still look pretty good after several years, while the
metal paneled cars are all dinged up. Without plastic panels, there is
no significant reason for me to choose Saturn over another brand.
Buster
<snip>

Old September 1st 06, 03:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
SnoMan

On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 13:07:38 GMT, Buster > wrote:

>If it weren't for the plastic panels, what would make my Saturn better
>than any other car? I've bought a couple of replacement Saturns
>because they still look pretty good after several years, while the
>metal paneled cars are all dinged up. Without plastic panels, there is
>no significant reason for me to choose Saturn over another brand.
>Buster

Yes just imagine the new saturn owners that discover that door panels
and fenders are no longer ding and rust proof and that a 12 year old
one will look better than a new one when it gets few years old and has
dings and rust from scratches. GM is making a BIG mistake here with a
car feature/trademark but they have been making a lot of mistakes on a
lot of things so this is no surprize. And people wonder why they are
loosing more market share every day. It is all about building them
cheaper not better.
-----------------
TheSnoMan.com
Old September 1st 06, 04:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Steve B.

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 21:28:35 GMT, SnoMan > wrote:

>Need to clarify somie thing here, the EPA does not test rate them any
>more and has not for years, Detriot performs there one tests and speed
>avewrage on highway cyclle is 48 with top speed of 59. Anoy wne that
>says they get 30 MPG with one of those cars is really spinning a yarn
>big time (maybe 30 KPG but not30MPG)
>-----------------
>TheSnoMan.com

I really wouldn't be that surprised with his mileage. In addition to
my Saturn I have a '95 Fleetwood with the same basic power train and
probably an extra 1k pounds of weight. I regularly get 27mg on the hi
way running 70 ~ 75. In town runs around 17 so the Saturn sure is
kinder to the pocket book there.

Steve B.

A mostly fond farewell to Saturn (for now) [email protected] Saturn 1 December 14th 05 09:14 AM
Problems with my Saturn Vue Arnold Howard Saturn 2 October 27th 05 10:40 PM
Saturn rear-ended at low speed, but back still hurts Rich Wales Saturn 0 October 27th 04 07:42 PM
Saturn - No different Arkal Saturn 8 June 28th 04 12:23 PM
How to buy a new or used SATURN misterfact General 0 February 19th 04 01:58 AM