19998 Civic DX Window

Old September 8th 06, 01:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

Default 19998 Civic DX Window

I have a 1998 Honda Civic DX in which the driver window stopped
working. I took the door panel off and found what looked like some
wire/cable device that drives the manual window up and down to have
come undone, broke, etc.

Does anyone have any diagrams of how this is suppose to look, work,
etc. Any suggestions as how to best fix this?

Thanks

James Cribb

Old September 8th 06, 03:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Elle

www.slhondaparts.com has exploded parts drawings that might
help.

You can also try the 97 Civic manual at
http://www.honda.co.uk/car/owner/workshop.html .

I worked on a friend's 99 Civic door panel etc. a few months
ago and got pretty far using these resources. The only
caveat is the various plastic retainters Honda uses for the
panel, but it sounds like you dealt with these already.

Old September 8th 06, 03:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Nick

On 8 Sep 2006 05:36:43 -0700, " > wrote:

>I have a 1998 Honda Civic DX in which the driver window stopped
>working. I took the door panel off and found what looked like some
>wire/cable device that drives the manual window up and down to have
>come undone, broke, etc.
>
>Does anyone have any diagrams of how this is suppose to look, work,
>etc. Any suggestions as how to best fix this?
>
>Thanks
>
>James Cribb

Take a look at this link.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...NT+DOOR+WINDOW

It's not terribly hard to replace, and if you have a helper, have them hold the
window in place while you remove the old regulator so you don't have to pull out
the window from the channel.

I suggest you get a factory manual or Haynes manual to help you out.