Onya Webber!

Old July 12th 09, 04:57 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes

Default Onya Webber!

Bet he's glad to have that monkey off his back - not even his typical
bad luck could stop him today!

Old July 13th 09, 07:01 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony R

Byron Forbes wrote:
> Bet he's glad to have that monkey off his back - not even his typical
> bad luck could stop him today!

I was pleased for Webber. Had the Aussies won he cricket it might have
been a bit overbearing yesterday but fortunately our boys comfortably
fended your guys off

Great to see a guy on top form and this was truly Webber's day, richly
deserved.

Cheers
Tony

Old July 16th 09, 07:52 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
hoover

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 19:01:04 +0100, Tony R wrote:
> Great to see a guy on top form and this was truly Webber's day, richly
> deserved.

I agree, Mark is one of the few (mabe the only one?) characters left
in F1 these days (esp. since Coulthard made his early exit). I hope
there's more to come for Webber this season.

I couldn't believe it when he was handed the drive through for that
early-on tussle with Barrichello, but in the end it made his win all
the sweeter.

Cheers,

Uwe
Old July 16th 09, 09:02 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes

"Peter" > wrote in message
om...
> As for Barrichello whinging about strategy losing him the race. He had
> no chance of winning once he got stuck behind Massa, and who's fault was
> that? His own for not getting far enough ahead in the first place.
> However, I think what really ****ed him off was the fact that button
> still beat him.
>
> --
> Pete Ives
> Remove All_stRESS before sending me an email

Yeah, poor old Rubens is funny this year. But I do believe that the fuel
rig stuff up at his second pit was as obvious an "accidently on purpose"
that I've seen before - it looked well rehearsed. And then to top it off
they made sure Jenson got ahead on the last stop! LOL. He'll need a straight
jacket soon!

Brawn are in serious damage control and are in big trouble - the
improvements they make for the next race had better be real good - the lack
of budget factor may kill them.