Most reliable older VW Fox restrictor

Old October 21st 04, 11:56 AM
dave

Default Most reliable older VW Fox restrictor

>From: "Lambert Moonen"
>
>How can I remove the "restrictor" on my 1988 Fox??

lol
I consider the VW Fox the NEWER Fox and the Audi Fox (VW Dasher/Passat) the
older Fox)
I guess the 1988 VW Fox is older than the 1993 Fox though! ;-)

which one?
exhaust restrictor behind cat. conv. can be modified by exhaust shop

exhaust manifold might be replaceable with one from the 79 Audi Fox but you
will need to relocate the 02 sensor and change the downpipe to match.

throttle plate can possibly be replaces by a larger one (maybe Audi 5000) and
the intake manifold might be similar to the Audi 4000 (I believe the later ones
are larger 85-87)

I heard that the cylinder head valves were smaller but I am not sure on this.

I might even think that the fuel distributor might be a little restrictive
also.

Also I am told that the very early VW Foxes had a different transmission
gearing in it (maybe one for the mountains) and it was quicker from a stop than
the more expensive GTi that VW was selling at the same time.

Or which "restrictor" were you talking about?

later,
dave
Reminder........
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way,
when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their
shoes. Frieda Norris

Old October 22nd 04, 04:40 AM

What about the 1978 Audi Fox my friend bought new in 1978?

NTISPAM (dave) wrote:

>>From: "Lambert Moonen"

>>How can I remove the "restrictor" on my 1988 Fox??
>>

>lol
>I consider the VW Fox the NEWER Fox and the Audi Fox (VW Dasher/Passat) the
>older Fox)
>I guess the 1988 VW Fox is older than the 1993 Fox though! ;-)
>
>which one?
>exhaust restrictor behind cat. conv. can be modified by exhaust shop
>
>exhaust manifold might be replaceable with one from the 79 Audi Fox but you
>will need to relocate the 02 sensor and change the downpipe to match.
>
>throttle plate can possibly be replaces by a larger one (maybe Audi 5000) and
>the intake manifold might be similar to the Audi 4000 (I believe the later ones
>are larger 85-87)
>
>I heard that the cylinder head valves were smaller but I am not sure on this.
>
>I might even think that the fuel distributor might be a little restrictive
>also.
>
>Also I am told that the very early VW Foxes had a different transmission
>gearing in it (maybe one for the mountains) and it was quicker from a stop than
>the more expensive GTi that VW was selling at the same time.
>
>Or which "restrictor" were you talking about?
>
>later,
>dave
>Reminder........
>Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way,
>when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their
>shoes. Frieda Norris

Jim B.