Strange Problem with 1999 Town & Country

Old December 22nd 04, 06:39 AM
IPavlov

What is the best place to buy this part?
Thanks,
IP.

Old December 22nd 04, 12:25 PM
Bill Putney

IPavlov wrote:
> Thanks for your help. It really looks clear now and explains this
> strange behavior of the wan. Other respondents also agree that this is
> output speed sensor. One additional question: is this part easy
> for a lay person to replace?
> And also: a friend of mine mentioned that some of this auto parts have
> manufacturer warranty, which sometimes covers quite a number of
> years. Is it worthwhile checking that this one has such a warranty?
> The car is 1999 T&C.
>
> Thanks again,

It's only about a $20-30 part - not worth worrying with warranty even if
it was covered. 20 minutest to replace.

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')
Old December 22nd 04, 12:25 PM
Bill Putney

Old December 22nd 04, 12:26 PM
Bill Putney

IPavlov wrote:

> What is the best place to buy this part?
> Thanks,
> IP.
>
> On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 12:52:20 -0500, maxpower wrote:
>

>>Replace the output speed sensor, there are 2 sensors on the front of the
>>transmission, the one furthest to the drivers side, at the corner is the
>>one that is bad, The part is about 30 bucks Glenn Beasley
>>Chrysler Tech
>>"IPavlov" > wrote in message
>>news

Dealer - anywhere from $20 to 30 depending on dealer gouge factor. I
think some auto parts chains (Pep Boys, NAPA?) carry it - you might save
$5 from shopping the dealers.

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')
Old December 22nd 04, 12:26 PM
Bill Putney

Old December 22nd 04, 03:47 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004, IPavlov wrote:

> a friend of mine mentioned that some of this auto parts have
> manufacturer warranty, which sometimes covers quite a number of years.
> Is it worthwhile checking that this one has such a warranty?

Your friend is confused. Only emission control parts are covered by
extended warranties like this.

DS
Old December 22nd 04, 03:47 PM
Daniel J. Stern

Old December 22nd 04, 04:09 PM
IPavlov

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 10:47:23 -0500, Daniel J. Stern wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Dec 2004, IPavlov wrote:
>
>> a friend of mine mentioned that some of this auto parts have
>> manufacturer warranty, which sometimes covers quite a number of years.
>> Is it worthwhile checking that this one has such a warranty?

> Your friend is confused. Only emission control parts are covered by
> extended warranties like this.
>
> DS

Thanks. I need to learn more about these things.
IP.

Old December 22nd 04, 04:09 PM
IPavlov

Old December 22nd 04, 10:05 PM
maxpower

The dealer carries a 12 month warranty, i recommend that route
news