GM to build and sell hybrid cars in Canada ... cheaper!

Old February 26th 06, 11:52 AM posted to alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.tech,sci.environment,sci.energy

Default GM to build and sell hybrid cars in Canada ... cheaper!

oups.com...

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/...red-line_x.htm

http://www.dailypress.com/features/l...ures-cyberlife

> (sorry, I don't know how to hyperlink in a newsgroup).
>
> I wonder whether the Vue Hybrid that they offer for 2006 will also be a
> Honda Hybrid that is used for the Accord Hybrid. If that the case, how
> could they sell a cheaper hybrid car if the engine comes from a rival
> Japanese automobile manufacturer?

The VUE V6 is in fact the Honda 3.5L engine. The VUE "GreenLine", however
is using the Ecotec 4 cylinder engine, with idle shutoff for economy, with a
motor/generator to boost its output for short bursts, and regenerative
brakes to recharge the batteries -- a "light hybrid". Similar to the Honda
Motor Assist hybrids, but definitely not the same equipment.

http://autonet.ca/Autoshows/story.cf...9/1402081.html