Marks on A6 Paintwork

Old July 15th 04, 10:53 AM
bob

Default Marks on A6 Paintwork

My A6 1.8T (UK) is about a month away from running out of warranty and I
have recently noticed that white patches have started to appear on the
paintwork in various spots around the car. You can't wash them away but if
you rub your finger over them they dissappear but eventually come back,
haven't tried t-cutting yet as I am wondering if it is a paint defect or not
and would it be covered under the Audi Paint warranty.
The car is metallic silver, been a great car apart from 2 sets of coils,
rear sun blind, passenger window motor and new multitronic box (all under
warranty).

Old July 15th 04, 02:05 PM
R@L

"bob" > wrote in message
> My A6 1.8T (UK) is about a month away from running out of warranty and I
> have recently noticed that white patches have started to appear on the
> paintwork in various spots around the car. You can't wash them away but if
> you rub your finger over them they dissappear but eventually come back,
> haven't tried t-cutting yet as I am wondering if it is a paint defect or

not
> and would it be covered under the Audi Paint warranty.
> The car is metallic silver, been a great car apart from 2 sets of coils,
> rear sun blind, passenger window motor and new multitronic box (all under
> warranty).

The warranty on paintwork is -in EU countries- 3 years.

Ronald

Old July 15th 04, 04:39 PM
Steve Sears

Bob,
If you can rub them off, then it sounds more like pollution than a problem
with the paint.
You could take the car to a paint shop and ask them what they think the
patches are - check the cars that you park with as well - both at work and
home.
If you see the spots on them, it's time to play "find the polluter".
Steve Sears
1987 Audi 5kTQ
1980 Audi 5k
1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes
(SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)
. ..