Free TECHRON and maybe gas rebates?

Old July 19th 05, 12:04 AM
Gordon McGrew

On 17 Jul 2005 13:28:20 -0700, "chibitul" >
wrote:

>I would, if I could. There seems to be NONE around zip 06010. I also
>searched for TEXACO by the way, I know they merged with Chevron and I
>read they also add Techron now.

But Chevron is listed as a "Top Tier" gasoline retailer and Texaco is
not. Hmmmmm.

http://www.toptiergas.com/retailers.html

Old July 19th 05, 04:17 AM
SoCalMike

Gordon McGrew wrote:
> On 17 Jul 2005 13:28:20 -0700, "chibitul" >
> wrote:
>

>>I would, if I could. There seems to be NONE around zip 06010. I also
>>searched for TEXACO by the way, I know they merged with Chevron and I
>>read they also add Techron now.

> But Chevron is listed as a "Top Tier" gasoline retailer and Texaco is
> not. Hmmmmm.
>
> http://www.toptiergas.com/retailers.html

all the texacos i remember in the SoCal area are closed or switched to
chevron. mebbe the texaco brand is defunct?
Old July 19th 05, 04:19 AM
R. P.

"SoCalMike" > wrote:
> all the texacos i remember in the SoCal area are closed or switched
> to chevron. mebbe the texaco brand is defunct?

Interesting because in the Puget Sound area they converted to Shell
stations.

Rudy

Old July 19th 05, 06:23 AM
Bebop

Kevin McMurtrie > wrote:

> I haven't bought a bottle of Techron in probably 10 years but it used to
> warn that it contaminated the engine oil. I'm sure that's true of all
> additives whether they state it or not.

Don't think so. Otherwise all people using Chervon gas have contaminated
oil then. :-)