Shock absorbers.

Old May 8th 06, 10:04 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Default Shock absorbers.

To be honest, at 54k miles the shocks shouldn't have gone yet... My E36
coupe 1996 has only just had it's shocks done and that's done nearly 104k
miles..

They are easy to check anyway.. just see if they are leaking.. but to be
honest with that mileage I would be surprised if it's the shocks or rear
mounts, the should not have gone yet... But if they had gone you'd notice
the back end having a mind of it's own.. mine would roll about all over..
felt like I was driving on ice all the time.. that would definitely concern
you more than rattles!

Check for something loose around the back.. stupid stuff like the car jack..
I had a rattling / knocking noise from the back that I was paranoid about
for about 2 months.. had the car on stands trying to figure out what on
earth it was.. turned out to be my small air compressor for the tyres
knocking about in the spare tyre well!

Shock absorbers. FY BMW 1 May 8th 06 03:15 PM
AWA [OFFER] new shock absorbers ford [email protected] General 0 March 13th 06 12:01 PM
AWA [DEMAND] WANTED SURPLUS SHOCK ABSORBERS [email protected] General 0 December 20th 05 05:04 PM
Fiberglass shock absorbers ? E_Tar Corvette 10 December 16th 05 09:16 PM
Need help on getting new shock absorbers - '98 A4 1.8TQ with factory suspension kit racer x Audi 0 March 18th 05 04:36 PM