Ford takes a dive, DC will be #2 soon

Old September 15th 06, 08:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

Default Ford takes a dive, DC will be #2 soon

So you're not going for your usual deluded paranoia that the Repbulicans
will steal the election by fraud this time? Funny how that used to be
the liberal mantra (for the last two Presidential elections!). The fact
that they aren't expressing fear about that now means they never
believed it in the first place. But if they lose in November, guess
what they'll be saying? "The Republicans bought off Diebold" "The
elections were rigged". I can't wait.

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old September 15th 06, 09:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
DeserTBoB

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 15:37:06 -0400, Bill Putz-ney >
wrote:

>So you're not going for your usual deluded paranoia that the Repbulicans
>will steal the election by fraud this time? <snip>

More "projection" from yet another parnoid delusional "sheeple."
Old September 15th 06, 09:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
DeserTBoB

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 14:56:42 -0400, Bill Putney >
wrote:

>Hmmm - lefties made fun of Quayle for spelling the plural of potato like
>that <snip>

Wrong again, Putz-ney. He was made fun of by trying to correct a
spelling bee contestant for spelling the SINGULAR of "potato"
correctly. Danny the Quail erroneously thought the American spelling
had an "e" at the end, and it does not.

>Our heros <snip>

HEROES....PLURAL

>/heroes are good. We're not into your budds <snip>

BUDS...ONE S.

>Teddy Kennedy,
>Jesse Jackson, Bill Clinton, Michael Moore, Al Gore, Robert "Sheets"
>Byrd, Louis Farrakhan, etc. <snip>

Putz-ney seems to have a lack of education to go along with all that
paranoid delusion.

Jackson's been shoved in a place where he's no longer a problem, as
has Farrakhan. Moore's just a filmmaker. Gore's smarter than two of
your could ever be. The right wing smear against Byrd is hilarious!

>I don't think even one thing you said is true. <snip>

Unfortunately, it's ALL true. I subscribe to the Arbitron, and have
the fact. You, Putz-ney, being a typical deluded rightard, have no
facts, but rather enjoy having fiction serve as fact.

>That'll help Republicans come erection (you seem to like suggestive
>plays on words) time. <snip>

Dream on, Putz-ney...here, let me run my Democratic D-9 over you now.
There...that feel better?

Putz-ney = KILLFILE
Old September 15th 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Steve[_1_]

Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

> That sounds somewhat supercilious to condemn all those millions of car
> buyers all over the world who see the car only as a tool and are not in the
> least interested in the minutiae of maintenance.

Sorry, they're idiots, and carmakers shouldn't have to cater to idiots.
IMO, people shouldn't be allowed to drive a car on public roads without
a rudimentary understanding of how it works, what it needs, and what to
do when gauges and warning lights do their thing. Drivers who don't
understand the basics are a danger to everyone on the road- I don't want
to be behind a fool who locks up his engine because he thinks the oil
light means "check it in a few days."
Old September 15th 06, 11:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Steve[_1_]

Bill Putney wrote:

> DeserTBoB wrote:
>
>> Ford announced today that they are offering early retirement buyouts
>> for over 75,000 employees today, showing that, rather than try to
>> compete, they're going to basically fold their tent.

> Is Air America going to do something similar for their employees? Or
> are George Soros and Al Franken going to bail them out since there is no
> viable market for their product?

Are they still even on the air? I thought that mess already bombed.
Old September 15th 06, 11:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Dori A Schmetterling

I was thinking Lebanon, Jordan etc, where a 'new' taxi was an eight-year-old
vehicle imported from Germany.

A modern Merc may be too complicated to withstand such rigours now.

BTW, it's not "our" (your) oil money. You buys the oil you pays your money.

Regarding a "reliable" that is my point. At some stage maybe 20/25 years ago
the age of the reliable car began.

DAS
---

"DeserTBoB" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 16:46:28 +0100, "Dori A Schmetterling"
> > wrote:

[...]
> Yes. When I was in Saudi, you'd see the desert littered with near-new
> Mercedeses. The towelies would just drive them until they broke down,
> even for ridiculously small reasons, walk away from them, go back to
> Riyahd and buy a new one...with our oil money.

[...]
> A "reliable car" isn't an unattainable feat. I've found that, over

[...]

Old September 15th 06, 11:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Steve[_1_]

Art wrote:

> The saddest part is GW is determined to leave his mess to the next president
> to clean up.

No, the saddest part is that so many head-in-the-sand types of all
political persuasions don't see that what is going on NEEDS to be done.
Its not fun, its not pretty, it IS a mess, but its the right thing to do
and its going to take a consistent effort by *several* presidents and
congresses over the next 20-plus years to make the world a reasonably
safe and free place. I think anyone with a brain realized that things
were going to go this way by no later than 5 PM on 9/11/01. We're in it
for the long haul.

Old September 16th 06, 12:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
DeserTBoB

****in' A well told.
Old September 16th 06, 12:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
DeserTBoB

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 17:15:41 -0500, Steve > wrote:

>Are they still even on the air? I thought that mess already bombed. <snip>

Nope! 152 affiliate stations and climbing.
Old September 16th 06, 02:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Joe[_3_]

"DeserTBoB" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 16:46:28 +0100, "Dori A Schmetterling"
> > wrote:
>
> dirtiest running, cars on the road. This bolsters a finding by a
> University of Colorado professor who originally designed the "on the
> road" infrared smog check system in the '80s, as was exposed on "60
> Minutes" back then. After years of attempts by the "smog check"
> industry's and the car dealers' lobbyists to keep this system out of
> service, it is now being implemented on freeway on ramps all over
> Southern California. Skinflint Mercedes owners can soon expect
> "pollution tickets" to be arriving in the mail.

Man, I hope you're telling the truth. I met that guy a while back, and he
showed us some of the results of using the system. It's very clever, and
simple too. A decent smog check, under load, in one second for about 10
cents. Nice guy, too.

The ONLY reason not to widely use something like that is bad politics. When
people can get paid $50 for something that's only worth a dime, they'd
prefer to keep doing it.