Avoid being a JLEDI

Old June 20th 06, 03:07 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving

Default Avoid being a JLEDI

Many of you have seen the acronym JLEDI (Just Let 'Em Do It).

What steps do you take to avoid being a JLEDI?
Or, do you have a justification for being a JLEDI?

I'll answer for myself.

If I am in a Left-Turn Lane and a vehicle in the adjacent Straight-Only lane
tries to turn left beside me, I make sure to end my left turn in the
right-most lane.

If I am in a Straight-Only Lane and a vehicle beside me in a marked
Right-Turn-Only lane tries to go straight, I make sure to cross the
intersection so that there is no room to my right.

Some of you are probably saying: He must get into accidents almost daily.
Nope! Not once. I did get hit once when a car in the right lane turned
left into the right side of my car (I was in a Left/Straight option lane),
but that was about 30 years ago.

Old June 20th 06, 01:40 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving

In article > , Larry Scholnick wrote:

> Some of you are probably saying: He must get into accidents almost daily.
> Nope! Not once.

Exactly. The person demanding you yield to their MFFY ways is counting on
you acting to avoid a collision so they can get ahead. Refuse to yield to
them and they will become angry but that's about it. You just have to be
smart about it. If more people stood up for themselves, the behavior
would end.

Old June 20th 06, 09:00 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving

Larry Scholnick wrote:
> Many of you have seen the acronym JLEDI (Just Let 'Em Do It).
>
> What steps do you take to avoid being a JLEDI?
> Or, do you have a justification for being a JLEDI?
>

> I'll answer for myself.
>
> If I am in a Left-Turn Lane and a vehicle in the adjacent Straight-Only lane
> tries to turn left beside me, I make sure to end my left turn in the
> right-most lane.
>
> If I am in a Straight-Only Lane and a vehicle beside me in a marked
> Right-Turn-Only lane tries to go straight, I make sure to cross the
> intersection so that there is no room to my right.

Turning wide is illegal, too. You'd be just as responsible if an
accident were to result. Of course, for idle internet speculators like
yourself, safety's just a buzzword used to take moral high ground, not
a practical consideration of any kind, so that doesn't matter so much.

Before you go playing vigilante, consider what the consequences might
be, and if they're really better than what you purport to punish. Too
wrongs don't make a right. But two lefts don't necessarily make that
much of a wrong.

Old June 20th 06, 10:00 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving

Larry Scholnick wrote:

> If I am in a Left-Turn Lane and a vehicle in the adjacent Straight-Only lane
> tries to turn left beside me, I make sure to end my left turn in the
> right-most lane.

If there are two lanes in the direction you're turning, in most places,
it is illegal for you to turn into the right one. You must turn into
the leftmost lane and then signal a lane change. They WILL cite you
for that here.

> If I am in a Straight-Only Lane and a vehicle beside me in a marked
> Right-Turn-Only lane tries to go straight, I make sure to cross the
> intersection so that there is no room to my right.

Again, illegal if you are changing lanes at the same time. A through
LANE is not through LANES.

> Some of you are probably saying: He must get into accidents almost daily.
> Nope! Not once.

Because those of us who are better at it have managed to avoid your
moronic self-righteous MFFY tactics so far. There is a big difference
between passively allowing yourself to get MFFY'd and actively being a
MFFY yourself and you clearly fail to understand it. I hope when the
day comes that you are confronted with an idiot equal to yourself, it
is not anywhere near me.
--
C.R. Krieger
(Been there; done that)

Old June 20th 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving

In article .com>,
Motorhead Lawyer > wrote:
>Larry Scholnick wrote:
>>
>> If I am in a Left-Turn Lane and a vehicle in the adjacent Straight-Only lane
>> tries to turn left beside me, I make sure to end my left turn in the
>> right-most lane.

>If there are two lanes in the direction you're turning, in most places,
>it is illegal for you to turn into the right one. You must turn into
>the leftmost lane and then signal a lane change. They WILL cite you
>for that here.

Depends on the jurisdiction whether a left turner is required to turn
into the leftmost lane of the destination road. California, for example,
does not have that requirement. Since this difference between different
jurisdictions is typically not signed anywhere, visitors to other places
need to be careful about applying their normal practice elsewhere, or
assuming that what others are supposed to do.

Timothy J. Lee
Old June 21st 06, 02:53 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving

Brent P wrote:
> In article > , Larry Scholnick wrote:
>
> > Some of you are probably saying: He must get into accidents almost daily.
> > Nope! Not once.

> Exactly. The person demanding you yield to their MFFY ways is counting on
> you acting to avoid a collision so they can get ahead. Refuse to yield to
> them and they will become angry but that's about it. You just have to be
> smart about it. If more people stood up for themselves, the behavior
> would end.

Reminds me of San Antone back in 1957. I was in a 1957 chev (V8 stick)
at a stop light on the "loop". 2 lanes straight, dedicated left turn.
I was in the inside straight. Car pulls into the left turn lane, I see
the light beginning to turn when 'leftie' revs. Aha, I know what you
are up to, going to do a hole shot and cut in front of me. Well, he
tried but I did a hole shot too, I saw the signage on the oppossite
left lane island flying and him bouncing over the curbs as I departed.

Harry K

Old June 21st 06, 05:04 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving

In article .com>, Harry K wrote:

> Reminds me of San Antone back in 1957. I was in a 1957 chev (V8 stick)
> at a stop light on the "loop". 2 lanes straight, dedicated left turn.
> I was in the inside straight. Car pulls into the left turn lane, I see
> the light beginning to turn when 'leftie' revs. Aha, I know what you
> are up to, going to do a hole shot and cut in front of me. Well, he
> tried but I did a hole shot too, I saw the signage on the oppossite
> left lane island flying and him bouncing over the curbs as I departed.

I've yet seen anyone damage their vehicle in attempts to pull crap like that.

However, I have a better method for a situation where one is too far
over at a light... a few days ago I was in the left most lane of 3
straight lanes. I needed to make a right turn about 3/4 of a
block after the intersection. To my right was a newer mustang than mine
that was probably moded. So I just acted like I was going to punch it on
the green. Of course he takes the bait. He launches. I take off normally
and make my lane changes comfortably behind him into the gap created for
me

Old June 23rd 06, 02:58 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 13:14:39 -0500, lyon_wonder
> > wrote:

>>Does the JLEDI have a light side and a dark side

> Nope - it's all evil.

I thought the light side was in front of them and the dark side was
behind them
Old June 23rd 06, 05:02 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

On June 20th, laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE took timeout from the
goats and said this in rec.autos.driving:

> The best way to avoid being a JLEDI is to sit in the left lane at
> exactly the speed limit and thus force the deadly speeders to obey the
> law too.

The best way for *you* to avoid being a JLEDI, LLB, MFFY etc... is to
stay the **** off the roads. You are a menace to soceity.

--
Loco Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend admits to being a red light runner:

"The cameras don't catch everyone. I have never been nailed for this."

Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend, 5/9/06
Ref: http://tinyurl.com/ee4wq
Message ID:
Old July 4th 06, 12:33 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving
jgar the jorrible

Harry K wrote:
> Brent P wrote:
> > In article > , Larry Scholnick wrote:
> >
> > > Some of you are probably saying: He must get into accidents almost daily.
> > > Nope! Not once.

> > Exactly. The person demanding you yield to their MFFY ways is counting on
> > you acting to avoid a collision so they can get ahead. Refuse to yield to
> > them and they will become angry but that's about it. You just have to be
> > smart about it. If more people stood up for themselves, the behavior
> > would end.

> Reminds me of San Antone back in 1957. I was in a 1957 chev (V8 stick)
> at a stop light on the "loop". 2 lanes straight, dedicated left turn.
> I was in the inside straight. Car pulls into the left turn lane, I see
> the light beginning to turn when 'leftie' revs. Aha, I know what you
> are up to, going to do a hole shot and cut in front of me. Well, he
> tried but I did a hole shot too, I saw the signage on the oppossite
> left lane island flying and him bouncing over the curbs as I departed.

Heh! Reminds me of a '57 chev:
http://groups.google.com/group/seatt...e=source&hl=en

jg
--