replacing rubber deck lock sheets on hardtop

Old December 4th 06, 10:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Don[_7_]

Default replacing rubber deck lock sheets on hardtop

I have to replace the rubber seals on the two chrome assemblies that go over
the Frankenstein bolts. I have the two new parts and they have rubber
extrusions that go into holes on the bracket to hold the gasket in place.
However, I have no information on whether some form of glue or sealing gunk
also goes on. Any advice welcome.

regards

--
Don From Down Under

Old December 5th 06, 02:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
mickey53usa

Don:

I have had a hardtop for the last four years. Every year I try
something different to attach those rubber seals to the latch. I have
yet to find anything that will work. I tried silicone, Gorilla Glue,
Gorilla Snot (3m trim adhesive) and nothing works. I have decided that
it is due to the latch section being chrome and nothing will adhere. I
just use the two little rubber opins, carefully pull them through, and
then carefully put the top latches over the Frankenstein bolts and
gently slid it forward.
If you find something that works - please pass it on.

Michael