2003 Cobra mods

Old November 30th 04, 05:23 PM
Sandy

Default 2003 Cobra mods

I'm looking for suggestions on where to start with increasing
performance from my '03 Cobra convert. (new purchase used car). Some
cost effective ideas I've seen a

upper pulleys
Mac exhaust
cold air kit
performance chip and tune
throtle body
NOS

-Pat
Old December 1st 04, 12:10 PM
MadDAWG

> A couple things about the programmer...it's not for the automatic
> Cobra

Automatic Cobra? I don't think there is such a thing is there?

MadDAWG

Old December 1st 04, 10:21 PM
Sandy

Automatic????

No, this is a 6-speed man. Where did "automatic" come from?

Thinking of following:

CAI
X-Pipe w/cat back
throttle body w/plennun
3.0 upper, 4# lower, idler pulleys
Diablesport chip and tune

-Pat

Old December 2nd 04, 01:27 AM
Michael Johnson, PE

The modifications you listed will give you about 500 rwhp/rwtq. If that
isn't enough you can install a Kenne Bell twin screw blower for about
$4,000 and have 600+ rwhp/rwtq.

Old December 2nd 04, 03:00 AM
Michael Seeley

As an owner, If you have an automatic '03 you should hold on to it because
it's the only one in existence

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/03cobraq.htm

Old December 2nd 04, 09:35 AM

"Intake Plenum" I believe.

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake

om...

Old December 2nd 04, 12:13 PM
JS

"MadDAWG" > wrote in message
>> A couple things about the programmer...it's not for the automatic
>> Cobra

> Automatic Cobra? I don't think there is such a thing is there?
>
> MadDAWG

Only those so modified to be. None ever came from the factory with a
slushbox. I have heard of people putting automatics behind them though -
probably *much* easier in the '93-95 cars before the EEC-V took hold...

Not sure why you'd want one, but to each their own.

JS

Old December 5th 04, 12:12 AM
Chris Shea

heres my .02 and in order:

- catback
- air intake
- weld in subframes (vert)
- pulley/tune (or if youve got the $$, twin screw blower upgrade)
- etc, etc...

you will def need some tires for the power if you like to drop the clutch.

i have owned an 03 and an 04, and gained almost 60 std hp from airbox and
catback alone on the 03 (havent dynoed the 04)

Sandy wrote in message ...
>I'm looking for suggestions on where to start with increasing
>performance from my '03 Cobra convert. (new purchase used car). Some
>cost effective ideas I've seen a
>
>upper pulleys
>Mac exhaust
>cold air kit
>performance chip and tune
>throtle body
>NOS
>
>-Pat

2003 A4 Bose Radio.. Aux inputs for Satellite??? Troy Bruder Audi 6 December 1st 04 03:38 PM
GT VS. COBRA cobra boy Ford Mustang 10 November 30th 04 12:49 AM
oil used in 2003 A4 Bob Navarro Audi 9 November 11th 04 10:54 PM
Guage Problem in N 2003 Timmy Ferrell Simulators 1 November 3rd 04 07:34 PM
2003 Accord power lock problem Steve Driska Honda 0 September 26th 04 04:02 AM