Certified Pre-Owned Useless

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 19th 05, 06:43 AM
Lorne Dyke

Default Certified Pre-Owned Useless

I bought an '02 S4 Certified Pre-Owned from Stevens Creek Audi (Bethel
Motors) in the SF Bay Area a couple years ago. The warranty, albeit with
deductible, and road side assistance to 100k miles was an attractive
feature. I finally had to use the road side assistance, and Audi NA
"customer care", and have found it useless! I had a flat tire in SoCal and
tried to install the compact spare which came with the car. Problem was the
spare was 4-lug and didn't even fit over the S4's front brake calipers to
mate with the 5-lug rotor. Called for road side assistance...no help after 1
1/2 hours and I had to leave my car for another ride. After getting my flat
fixed I called Audi NA "customer care" about the spare, and after 3
follow-up calls regarding my assigned case number I have not had a call back
in 3 weeks! So still no spare tire. Useless I say!