Dodge Caravan 1997 - Brake light comes on during driving

Old January 28th 05, 07:39 PM
john smith

Default Dodge Caravan 1997 - Brake light comes on during driving

Hello,

I have 1997 dodge caravan. The "!Brake" light comes on the dash borad panel
once a while for few seconds and goes away by itself. It is the same light
when you apply parking brakes.

I'm just wondering if this light have any other meaning other than that the
parking brake is engaged. I have don't usually use parking brakes when is
parked on flat surface. Probably, last time I used it would have been 2-3
weeks ago or more.

Any suggesions to trouble shoot it?

Should I be worried about it? I.e. something wrong with the braking system?

Thank you.

Old January 28th 05, 08:51 PM
maxpower

"john smith" > wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have 1997 dodge caravan. The "!Brake" light comes on the dash borad

panel
> once a while for few seconds and goes away by itself. It is the same

light
> when you apply parking brakes.
>
> I'm just wondering if this light have any other meaning other than that

the
> parking brake is engaged. I have don't usually use parking brakes when is
> parked on flat surface. Probably, last time I used it would have been 2-3
> weeks ago or more.
>
> Any suggesions to trouble shoot it?
>
> Should I be worried about it? I.e. something wrong with the braking

system?

> Thank you.

The brake fluid in the master cylinder is probably low, If it is, you may
want to have your brakes pads/shoes checked for wear. If the linnings are
ok, just top the fluid off.
Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old January 29th 05, 05:48 PM
john smith

Thanks maxpowser. I'll have the brakes checked. The reservoir on my van is
at a place where it is almost imposible to check how much low it is. But I
have to find a way to look into this other than removing the hood from the
van

Old January 29th 05, 07:21 PM
maxpower

But I
> have to find a way to look into this other than removing the hood from the
> van

THIS IS A CARAVAN RIGHT??? it shouldnt be hard to check the fluid on this
van, unless it has been converted in such a way. The master cylinder is on
the drivers side up top.