Excited, progress with new engine

Old August 2nd 05, 04:42 PM
John Willis

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 23:52:02 -0500, "Charles @ Kankakee"
> scribbled this interesting note:

>There are certain places up in the hills in NC that y'all shouldn't go
>driving then. It's not very safe. My folks lived near there and heard
>tell of the place from the local law enforcement types that it wasn't safe
>to be near there. It's bad enough when they would come to the local Food
>Lion and stare at my sister. (natural blonde) in the checkout lines like she
>was some sort of sideshow freak.
>
>Charles of Kankakee

There are simple, $0.25 solutions for those walking abortions.

--
John Willis

(Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)
Old August 2nd 05, 05:17 PM
Charles @ Kankakee

"John Willis" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 23:52:02 -0500, "Charles @ Kankakee"
> > scribbled this interesting note:
>
>>There are certain places up in the hills in NC that y'all shouldn't go
>>driving then. It's not very safe. My folks lived near there and heard
>>tell of the place from the local law enforcement types that it wasn't safe
>>to be near there. It's bad enough when they would come to the local Food
>>Lion and stare at my sister. (natural blonde) in the checkout lines like
>>she
>>was some sort of sideshow freak.
>>
>>Charles of Kankakee
>>

> There are simple, $0.25 solutions for those walking abortions.
>

> --
> John Willis
>
> (Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)

Didn't know that cartritdges cost that much now. It's just scary enough
knowing such places exist. 3 families living up on a hill for over a
century, quite interbred. It's bad enough I'm related to about half of the
people in one small county in Mississippi.

Charles of Kankakee

Old August 2nd 05, 06:48 PM
John Willis

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 11:17:28 -0500, "Charles @ Kankakee"
> scribbled this interesting note:

>Didn't know that cartritdges cost that much now.

You don't use just one...

Old August 2nd 05, 09:15 PM
Charles @ Kankakee

"John Willis" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 11:17:28 -0500, "Charles @ Kankakee"
> > scribbled this interesting note:
>
>>Didn't know that cartritdges cost that much now.

> You don't use just one...
>

> --
> John Willis
>
> (Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)

If I remember the population of that place, you'd need a whole box of
cartidges to fix that. 25 cents wouldn't take care of it. There must
have been nearly 100 people at the top of that little hill, no one further
than first cousin. With sadly predictable results.

Let's think about something better that happened in that area. Not too many
miles away is an Amish settlement that had a little store that sold
things.(They don't have the same problem.) My sister first discovered the
power of FRESH spices with pepper from there. She made her first dish with
the usual amount of pepper, like the store bought stuff she'd been using for
years and OH MY STARS was that pepper fresh, it turned out she had used
about 4 times too much. She's been using things like fresh pepper and
growing a lot of her own spices ever since. Then when Dad went on his
special diet 13 years ago, she got very creative in using spices to replace
things he couldn't have.

She hates the fact that the prepackaged food industry uses primarily 3
things to provide taste: Sugar, salt and fat. She has come up with a lot
of other ways to provide good taste. She blames the sugar/salt/fat problem
for a lot of America's health problems. We ended up making a lot of things
from scratch for Dad because he couldn't have any of those three things in
great quantity. Check a lot of your 'reduced fat' items, for instance.
They have more sugar and/or salt than the regular item. Low sugar items
usually have more fat and/or salt. I'm beginning to wonder if any of this
'health' food is any better than the regular stuff we've been eating since
the dawn of time.

Climbing off soapbox.

Charles of Kankakee

Old August 2nd 05, 10:27 PM
Shag

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 15:15:21 -0500, "Charles @ Kankakee"
> wrote:

>Check a lot of your 'reduced fat' items, for instance.
>They have more sugar and/or salt than the regular item. Low sugar items
>usually have more fat and/or salt. I'm beginning to wonder if any of this
>'health' food is any better than the regular stuff we've been eating since
>the dawn of time.

I'm with ya, buddy. Pass the *homemade* pork-rinds. :-D

Old August 4th 05, 04:39 PM
John Willis

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 21:27:15 GMT, Shag >
scribbled this interesting note:

>On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 15:15:21 -0500, "Charles @ Kankakee"
> wrote:
>
>>Check a lot of your 'reduced fat' items, for instance.
>>They have more sugar and/or salt than the regular item. Low sugar items
>>usually have more fat and/or salt. I'm beginning to wonder if any of this
>>'health' food is any better than the regular stuff we've been eating since
>>the dawn of time.

>I'm with ya, buddy. Pass the *homemade* pork-rinds. :-D

At least you know what's in it!:~)