Toyota Hydrogen Cars. (Some other car companies too)

Old November 30th 13, 08:57 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

Default Toyota Hydrogen Cars. (Some other car companies too)

Google,,, nysebigstage.com Toyota brings hydrogen cars to production In 2015, if things go as planned.
Old December 1st 13, 12:37 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Tegger[_4_]

JR > wrote in
:

> Google,,, nysebigstage.com Toyota brings hydrogen cars to production
> In 2015, if things go as planned.

For a contrary view, see Whistler, British Columbia, Canada's
experience with their hydrogen buses:
http://www.railforthevalley.com/late...cheme-fizzles/

Excerpt:
"Information obtained under a Freedom of Information Act request
by the Canadian Autoworkers’ Union 333 suggests Whistler’s 20
hydrogen fuel cell buses cost three times more for maintenance
and fuel costs than the conventional Nova diesel buses they
replaced in 2009."

Another excerpt:
"...average fuel range is below the amount specified in the
contract and is worse during the winter months, when water
in the fuel cells can freeze and prevent the buses from
starting or running efficiently."

Hahahaha! Take that, greenies!

--
Tegger
Old December 1st 13, 12:52 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

On Saturday, November 30, 2013 6:37:00 PM UTC-6, Tegger wrote:
> JR > wrote in
>
> :
>

> > Google,,, nysebigstage.com Toyota brings hydrogen cars to production

> > In 2015, if things go as planned.

> For a contrary view, see Whistler, British Columbia, Canada's
>
> experience with their hydrogen buses:
>
> http://www.railforthevalley.com/late...cheme-fizzles/
>

> Excerpt:
>
> "Information obtained under a Freedom of Information Act request
>
> by the Canadian Autoworkers� Union 333 suggests Whistler�s 20
>
> hydrogen fuel cell buses cost three times more for maintenance
>
> and fuel costs than the conventional Nova diesel buses they
>
> replaced in 2009."
>

> Another excerpt:
>
> "...average fuel range is below the amount specified in the
>
> contract and is worse during the winter months, when water
>
> in the fuel cells can freeze and prevent the buses from
>
> starting or running efficiently."
>

> Hahahaha! Take that, greenies!
>

> --
>
> Tegger

Glad I am not a greenie.
Old December 2nd 13, 08:51 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

On Sunday, December 1, 2013 4:57:16 AM UTC+8, JR wrote:
> Google,,, nysebigstage.com Toyota brings hydrogen cars to production In 2015, if things go as planned.

In my city, we had a trial of Mercedes hydrogen buses. I thought they
were pretty cool. Unfortunately, they got yanked after a few years.
Presumably they were too expensive.
Old December 2nd 13, 04:11 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

On Monday, December 2, 2013 2:51:20 AM UTC-6, wrote:
> On Sunday, December 1, 2013 4:57:16 AM UTC+8, JR wrote:
>
> > Google,,, nysebigstage.com Toyota brings hydrogen cars to production In 2015, if things go as planned.

> In my city, we had a trial of Mercedes hydrogen buses. I thought they
>
> were pretty cool. Unfortunately, they got yanked after a few years.
>
> Presumably they were too expensive.

Those online scientific stores that sell things, I once saw at one of those stores a little toy car that runs on solar power and hydrogen. The toy car is self contained, presumebaly it will run for a very long time without needing to be refuled. Something like that anyway.
Old December 2nd 13, 04:47 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

On Monday, December 2, 2013 10:11:23 AM UTC-6, JR wrote:
> On Monday, December 2, 2013 2:51:20 AM UTC-6, wrote:
>
> > On Sunday, December 1, 2013 4:57:16 AM UTC+8, JR wrote:

> > > Google,,, nysebigstage.com Toyota brings hydrogen cars to production In 2015, if things go as planned.

> > In my city, we had a trial of Mercedes hydrogen buses. I thought they

> > were pretty cool. Unfortunately, they got yanked after a few years.

> > Presumably they were too expensive.

> Those online scientific stores that sell things, I once saw at one of those stores a little toy car that runs on solar power and hydrogen. The toy car is self contained, presumebaly it will run for a very long time without needing to be refuled. Something like that anyway.

Google,,, Scientific toy car runs on solar hydrogen power