Forza Motorsport 2 realtime screens

Old September 5th 06, 11:15 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators,uk.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games
AirRaid

Default Forza Motorsport 2 realtime screens

http://members.cox.net/gek54/gek54/images/forza23.jpg
http://members.cox.net/gek54/gek54/i...orza2Beta3.jpg
http://members.cox.net/gek54/gek54/images/forza22.jpg

http://forzamotorsport.net/090506-1.htm

keep in mind, Forza 2 runs at 60 FRAMES PER SECOND, twice the framerate
of the original Xbox game, twice the framerate of PGR3 on the same
machine, Xbox 360, rendered at 720p resolution with 4x anti-aliasing,
uses some advanced lighting techniques, some per-pixel effects and will
be a far better racing game than PGR3 could ever hope to be.

Old September 6th 06, 07:56 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators,uk.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games
Andrew

On 5 Sep 2006 15:15:59 -0700, "AirRaid" > wrote:

>keep in mind, Forza 2 runs at 60 FRAMES PER SECOND, twice the framerate
>of the original Xbox game, twice the framerate of PGR3 on the same
>machine, Xbox 360, rendered at 720p resolution with 4x anti-aliasing,
>uses some advanced lighting techniques, some per-pixel effects and will
>be a far better racing game than PGR3 could ever hope to be.

Keep in my the OP is a bozo that doesn't know the difference between
in game graphics and replays.
--
Andrew, contact via http://interpleb.googlepages.com
Old September 6th 06, 09:16 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators,uk.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games
[email protected]

Andrew wrote:
> On 5 Sep 2006 15:15:59 -0700, "AirRaid" > wrote:
>
> >keep in mind, Forza 2 runs at 60 FRAMES PER SECOND, twice the framerate
> >of the original Xbox game, twice the framerate of PGR3 on the same
> >machine, Xbox 360, rendered at 720p resolution with 4x anti-aliasing,
> >uses some advanced lighting techniques, some per-pixel effects and will
> >be a far better racing game than PGR3 could ever hope to be.

> Keep in my the OP is a bozo that doesn't know the difference between
> in game graphics and replays.

Because everyone knows that replays are all pre-rendered and don't use
in-game graphics...

Eh ?

Old September 6th 06, 09:46 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators,uk.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games
Andrew

On 6 Sep 2006 01:16:32 -0700, wrote:

>Because everyone knows that replays are all pre-rendered and don't use
>in-game graphics...

GT3 on the PS2 looks fantastic during replays. The actual in game
graphics are a pixellated low texture nightmare. Same for practically
any other decent driving games of recent years. The pictures in the
OP's message are obviously pre-rendered or replay footage.
Old September 6th 06, 10:17 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators,uk.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games
Paul Heslop

Andrew wrote:

> On 5 Sep 2006 15:15:59 -0700, "AirRaid" > wrote:
>
> >keep in mind, Forza 2 runs at 60 FRAMES PER SECOND, twice the framerate
> >of the original Xbox game, twice the framerate of PGR3 on the same
> >machine, Xbox 360, rendered at 720p resolution with 4x anti-aliasing,
> >uses some advanced lighting techniques, some per-pixel effects and will
> >be a far better racing game than PGR3 could ever hope to be.

> Keep in my the OP is a bozo that doesn't know the difference between
> in game graphics and replays.
> --

I was wondering how they managed to get those angles when driving the
car. Fair play though, at least in Forza there didn't seem to be a
massive distinction between in game cars graphics and replay.

--
Paul (Neurotic to the bone No doubt about it)
Stop and Look
Old September 6th 06, 10:19 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators,uk.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games
Paul Heslop

Zomoniac wrote:

> On 2006-09-06 09:46:13 +0100, Andrew > said:
>
> > On 6 Sep 2006 01:16:32 -0700, wrote:
> >
> >> Because everyone knows that replays are all pre-rendered and don't use
> >> in-game graphics...

> > GT3 on the PS2 looks fantastic during replays. The actual in game
> > graphics are a pixellated low texture nightmare. Same for practically
> > any other decent driving games of recent years. The pictures in the
> > OP's message are obviously pre-rendered or replay footage.

> On my copy of GT3/C/4P/4 the replays look like in-game, only from a
> different angle. Cars in GT look hi-res and stunning, even in game.
>
> --

http://myspace.com/zomoniac

I think 4 and maybe 3, and as I mentioned Forza are all pretty good at
just looking very pretty in both live and replay.
Old September 6th 06, 12:33 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators,uk.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games
Chris F

On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 07:56:32 +0100, Andrew > wrote:

>On 5 Sep 2006 15:15:59 -0700, "AirRaid" > wrote:
>
>>keep in mind, Forza 2 runs at 60 FRAMES PER SECOND, twice the framerate
>>of the original Xbox game, twice the framerate of PGR3 on the same
>>machine, Xbox 360, rendered at 720p resolution with 4x anti-aliasing,
>>uses some advanced lighting techniques, some per-pixel effects and will
>>be a far better racing game than PGR3 could ever hope to be.

>Keep in my the OP is a bozo that doesn't know the difference between
>in game graphics and replays.

yeah, but a replay is still using the ingame grapgics engine, is it
not?
--

gamertag: Chrisflynnuk
http://live.xbox.com/member/Chrisflynnuk
Old September 6th 06, 01:39 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators,uk.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games
Redsmartie

On 2006-09-06 12:33:53 +0100, Chris F > said:

> ingame grapgics engine

come again?
--
gt: redsmartie
www.redsmartie.com

"Game experience may change during online play"