Update to the Unofficial FAQ: EGR fix

Old March 29th 08, 12:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda.alt.autos.acura
Tegger

Default Update to the Unofficial FAQ: EGR fix

I know I've got a FAQ to-do list as long as my arm that's also got a beard
on it as long as my arm, but I couldn't put off Delbert Brecht's submission
on his EGR repair.

Delbert submitted highly educational photos and an extensive writeup on his
adventure. How could I pass that up?

If you've never had any experience with EGR, this will be enlightening.

See it he
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/egr-fix/index.html

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old April 1st 08, 02:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
M.A. Stewart

Tegger ) writes:
> I know I've got a FAQ to-do list as long as my arm that's also got a beard
> on it as long as my arm, but I couldn't put off Delbert Brecht's submission
> on his EGR repair.
>
> Delbert submitted highly educational photos and an extensive writeup on his
> adventure. How could I pass that up?
>
> If you've never had any experience with EGR, this will be enlightening.
>
> See it he
> http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/egr-fix/index.html
>

> --
> Tegger
>
> The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
> www.tegger.com/hondafaq/

Nice FAQ... the following doesn't seem correct though.

"Ambient air contains 21% oxygen, 78% nitrogen and 1% trace gases (which
includes about 0.4% carbon dioxide)."

My understanding is that there is 280 PPM to 380 PPM (depending on
where its measured) of CO2 in the atmosphere. This would be 0.028% to
0.038% of CO2 in ambient air.

(i.e. 380/1,000,000 X 100 = 0.038%)

(i.e. Nitrogen 78% or 780,000 PPM... 780,000/1,000,000 X 100 = 78%)

Just thought I would let you know... after
all, 0.4% (4000 PPM) would really freak out the
GlobalWarmers/CarbonDioxideDemonizers/ClimateChangers/CarbonTaxers.