Grand Prix DVD : finally!

Old April 17th 06, 10:05 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default Grand Prix DVD : finally!

After all these years that we've been posting about it on r.a.s... well it's
now official, here's the PR for the Grand Prix DVD. All simmers shall buy
it, along with Le Mans

GRAND PRIX: SPECIAL EDITION

Nine races. One champion. James Garner, Yves Montand, Brian Bedford and
Antonio Sabįto portray Formula I drivers competing to be the best in this
slam-you-into-the-driver's-seat tale of speed, spectacle and intertwined
personal lives. Eva Marie Saint and Toshiro Mifune also star.

John Frankenheimer (who 32 years later would again stomp the pedal to the
metal for the car chases of Ronin) directs this winner of 3 Academy Awards®,
crafting split-screen images to capture the overlapping drama and
orchestrating you-are-there POV camera work to intensify the hard-driving
thrills. Nearly 30 top drivers take part in the excitement, so buckle up,
movie fans. Race with the best to the head of the pack.

First time on DVD! Available at a NEW low price - $20.97 SRP.

Winner of 3 Academy Awards® in film editing and sound, this 40th Anniversary
Edition is newly remastered from 65 mm film elements and restored in 16x9
widescreen format.

Revved-up with all new special features.

Timed for the US Grand Prix.

Not Rated

Order Date: 6/6
Street Date: 7/11
DVD / $20.97
Cat# 79100
UPC 012569791008

Old April 18th 06, 12:41 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

It figures. I just bought the damn Laserdisc thinking the DVD would
never come out.

Old April 18th 06, 06:17 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

ymenard wrote:

> Timed for the US Grand Prix.

They should've had it last year....to show while the "other race" was on

Deon
Old April 18th 06, 11:16 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

What other race? You mean that 6-car Formula One Grand Prix at Indy?
Yeah, I'm sure the Grand Prix in the movie was more exciting. At least
everyone who went to the real Indy race last year gets to go for free
this year.

Old April 19th 06, 05:24 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

I am - it is a crock of ****. F1 & Michelin will never get another dime from me.
Old April 19th 06, 07:14 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"ymenard" > wrote in message
.. .
> First time on DVD! Available at a NEW low price - $20.97 SRP.

Is that a 2 DVD price? Autosport.com said:

It has been 40 years since the legendary film maker John Frankenheimer made
"Grand Prix", and the movie remains to this day the most important (if not
only) cinematic rendition of Formula One. Finally, Warner Home Video are
preparing to release the movie on a special two-disc DVD edition later this
year

91 cherokee finally died [email protected] 4x4 1 April 3rd 06 02:11 PM
Finally! JohnH Driving 16 July 30th 05 12:08 AM
it moved, you received, yet Martin never finally covered about the structure Q. U. Disch General 0 January 15th 05 01:21 PM
we change them, then we finally irritate Jimmie and Candy's elder carrot Deaf Dummy Technology 0 January 14th 05 09:52 PM
Follow-up: Code 43 on 90 A. EX finally cleared! Slipnfall Honda 0 September 23rd 04 04:04 AM