You guys just HAD to go and talk about wax!

Old October 6th 04, 02:27 PM
jameson

Default You guys just HAD to go and talk about wax!

Hi guys...
Just roaming the group and came across praise after praise of not only
a product called Zaino, but also Meguiar's NXT wax...

Ive owned my vette for a little over a week (it is a 1992). The paint
was in really good shape, but I could tell it needed a good waxing.
Plus this would be good "bonding" time for me and my new friend
(friend being the vette).

So seeing all the posts about waxes got my juices flowing. Despite
there being many other brand and types out there that many may
consider to be superior to Zaino or Mequiars, my border-line polar
disorder requires that I just deal with these two products at this
time. Otherwise I will have a Blipvert (Max Headroom TV show
reference).

My car is not a show queen or a garage queen, it is a daily driver,
and will be for about a year. I live about 20 or 30 miles outside of
town, so driving home from work at dusk is "bug central station".
I want something I can put a thick coat of on the front of the C4 so
bugs come off easy during a wash, I also want something I dont have to
keep re-applying every 3 or 4 weeks. (Some of you guys claimed you had
to do this with Meguiars, but I called Mequiars and they claimed this
was not true, just like a good customer service rep is supposed to do
LOL).

I also want a product that can just plain look GOOD in 2 or less
coats. Polish is great, but I want something that PROTECTS as well.

Im not a car detailing guy, and I am a new vette owner, so I may sound
a bit ditzy to some. I ask for forgivness in advance.

Please, not posts from dave in illinois. No offence.
Jazz Mann
Old October 6th 04, 03:09 PM
Marty

Have a look at this stuff

http://www.carbrite.com/servlet/net....c/A055&lb=none

Marty

om...

Old October 6th 04, 03:09 PM
Marty

Have a look at this stuff

http://www.carbrite.com/servlet/net....c/A055&lb=none

Marty

om...

Old October 6th 04, 10:41 PM
BenF802961

If you want something easy with little elbow grease I would go with the NXT.
You would be done in less than an hour.
Zaino is more involved plus you have to wait on it to arrive in the mail. It
does give you an awesome shine that will last longer than NXT.
Both products will solve your bug problem.
Had bees commit suicide a few times on my hood and they just wipe right off.
You can't go wrong with either product. They both will give you that shiny wet
look.

Old October 11th 04, 04:29 AM
Randy S

I personally swear by Zaino, but I also use this stuff around the house on
various things, and on my car's wheels, license plates, and exhaust tips. It
also works great on house windows (keeps them cleaner for years!) (even better
than Rain-X) I believe it was originally developed for personal aircraft
(keeping bugs off)

Randy

http://www.corrosionx.com/rejex.html

http://www.corrosionx.com/onlinespecial.htm

Old October 11th 04, 04:32 AM
Randy S

by the way, I highly recommend "claying" your car before waxing, with whatever
product you choose. I clay my entire car twice a year, once in spring, and
once right before winter. The wax/polish will stick better, last longer, and
you'll notice your paint will be more reflective than ever, since the clay will
remove all the contaminents from your paint. The clay removes all the stuff
you can't see, including old wax, right down to the clear coat, so the new coat
of wax sticks directly to the paint.

Randy