Air Bag Deploys At WrongTime.

Old May 25th 11, 07:32 PM posted to alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.tech
hls

Default Air Bag Deploys At WrongTime - Finish

My last post on the subject in this thread at least.

I noted my FIL kept the air bag switch in his pickup on
"Off". I just thought he was being old-fogeyish.

Then, my stock advisor's daughter was injured in an
auto accident where the bag DID activate.. She required
surgery, including plastic surgery, to repair the injury
that the bag caused.

I still think that they save lives, but there is no doubt
they can be dangerous in their own right.
Old May 26th 11, 05:06 PM posted to alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.tech
jim beam[_4_]

On 05/25/2011 05:56 PM, Roger Blake wrote:
> On 2011-05-25, > wrote:
>> I still think that they save lives, but there is no doubt
>> they can be dangerous in their own right.

> It is not clear to me that they save lives when the occupants
> are properly belted in. Air bags were originally introduced
> because so many people were not buckling their seat belts,
> thus passive restraints were mandated.

i think they work for chicks that insist on sitting hunched right up
over the wheel. even with a belt on, impact causes the head to strike
the steering wheel pretty hard.

--
nomina rutrum rutrum

Riding an air bag RoadRunner General 0 October 27th 10 03:05 AM
air bag light comes on-01 GC Tim[_3_] Dodge 6 September 16th 06 04:12 AM
Air Bag Light On Duane B Ford Explorer 1 April 3rd 06 05:07 AM
NB air bag Chris D'Agnolo Mazda 10 January 17th 06 05:35 PM
Air bag code Davenandee Ford Explorer 0 June 18th 05 07:21 PM