feds to mandate black box on all new cars

Old May 27th 11, 06:13 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Bill[_33_]

Default feds to mandate black box on all new cars

> The government was working on a system by which your car could be
> disabled by
> a signal from a police car. OnStar and LoJack, I guess, have a
> similar concept,
> but the "master plan" was to have this built into the ECM from the
> factory so that
> nobody could slip the leash.

OBD III...
See: LEGAL ISSUES...
-Possible use of system for other purposes (Police
pursuit/immobilization, tracking, cite speeders)
http://lobby.la.psu.edu/_107th/093_O..._questions.htm

Old May 29th 11, 05:33 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Tom Del Rosso[_3_]

wrote:

http://www.infowars.com/feds-to-mand...n-all-new-cars

> They might have secret microphones on them too.Even if they don't
> have, cuss the feds out anyway.

Even if they aren't doing it yet, they will eventually, and even if doesn't
have a mic that doesn't matter. No matter what kind of information it
records, it would be something that could be used against you. So they
would be requiring people to record their own actions and it could be used
in court. Sounds like a violation of the 5th.

zero, and remove the last word.