Marvel Mystery Oil: Can it clean injectors?

Old May 18th 11, 05:49 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
adamh

Default Marvel Mystery Oil: Can it clean injectors?

I don't know about MMO as a fuel injector cleaner, It probably does help a little bit, though slowly.

A great product I've found to work great, for those injectors "on their last legs" is the Berryman's B-12 CHEMTOOL. It's a concoction of aceton, Xylene, Lacquer Thinner, Isopropanol, and some other chemicals, and it works great at 1 oz. per gallon of fuel as a "shock treatment" - then MMO at 3-4 oz.. per gallon of fuel every fillup there-after.

Don't get me wrong, I could see the potential of MMO "cleaning" injectors, since it IS a "light weight oil" it could likely "squeeze past" whatever crud/carbon/varnish may be affecting a fuel injector, so it probably could help, yes I live by it, every fill up I dump at least 4 oz. into the tank..
Old May 18th 11, 11:13 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

"adamh" > wrote in message
I don't know about MMO as a fuel injector cleaner, It probably does help a
little bit, though slowly.

A great product I've found to work great, for those injectors "on their last
legs" is the Berryman's B-12 CHEMTOOL. It's a concoction of aceton, Xylene,
Lacquer Thinner, Isopropanol, and some other chemicals, and it works great
at 1 oz. per gallon of fuel as a "shock treatment" - then MMO at 3-4 oz. per
gallon of fuel every fillup there-after.

Don't get me wrong, I could see the potential of MMO "cleaning" injectors,
since it IS a "light weight oil" it could likely "squeeze past" whatever
crud/carbon/varnish may be affecting a fuel injector, so it probably could
help, yes I live by it, every fill up I dump at least 4 oz. into the
tank.

Look. MMO is not a total snake oil product. There is more
there than just a "light weight oil".. It is a little more gentle than some
formulations.

These products that contain acetone, alcohols, etc can be pretty hard on
some elastomers...O-rings, gaskets, etc.

Nothing is really simple nowadays. I feel that a gentle
cleanout is perhaps preferable to a kamakazi attack.

Old May 18th 11, 11:33 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

On May 18, 6:13*pm, "hls" > wrote:
> "adamh" > wrote in message

> I don't know about MMO as a fuel injector cleaner, It probably does help a
> little bit, though slowly.
>
> A great product I've found to work great, for those injectors "on their last
> legs" is the Berryman's B-12 CHEMTOOL. *It's a concoction of aceton, Xylene,
> Lacquer Thinner, Isopropanol, and some other chemicals, and it works great
> at 1 oz. per gallon of fuel as a "shock treatment" - then MMO at 3-4 oz. per
> gallon of fuel every fillup there-after.
>
> Don't get me wrong, I could see the potential of MMO "cleaning" injectors,
> since it IS a "light weight oil" it could likely "squeeze past" whatever
> crud/carbon/varnish may be affecting a fuel injector, so it probably could
> help, yes *I live by it, every fill up I dump at least 4 oz. into the
> tank.
>
> Look. *MMO is not a total snake oil product. *There is more
> there than just a "light weight oil".. *It is a little more gentle than some
> formulations.
>
> These products that contain acetone, alcohols, etc can be pretty hard on
> some elastomers...O-rings, gaskets, etc.
>
> Nothing is really simple nowadays. * I feel that a gentle
> cleanout is perhaps preferable to a kamakazi attack.

Years ago some fuel cleaners were like lacquer thinner. I have been
known to use a wee bit.

I have used MMO with unknown results. I'm trying to perfect the use of
sea foam.

Greg
Old May 18th 11, 11:36 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

On May 18, 6:33*pm, g > wrote:
> On May 18, 6:13*pm, "hls" > wrote:
>

> > "adamh" > wrote in message

> .. .
> > I don't know about MMO as a fuel injector cleaner, It probably does help a
> > little bit, though slowly.

> > A great product I've found to work great, for those injectors "on their last
> > legs" is the Berryman's B-12 CHEMTOOL. *It's a concoction of aceton, Xylene,
> > Lacquer Thinner, Isopropanol, and some other chemicals, and it works great
> > at 1 oz. per gallon of fuel as a "shock treatment" - then MMO at 3-4 oz.. per
> > gallon of fuel every fillup there-after.

> > Don't get me wrong, I could see the potential of MMO "cleaning" injectors,
> > since it IS a "light weight oil" it could likely "squeeze past" whatever
> > crud/carbon/varnish may be affecting a fuel injector, so it probably could
> > help, yes *I live by it, every fill up I dump at least 4 oz. into the
> > tank.

> > Look. *MMO is not a total snake oil product. *There is more
> > there than just a "light weight oil".. *It is a little more gentle than some
> > formulations.

> > These products that contain acetone, alcohols, etc can be pretty hard on
> > some elastomers...O-rings, gaskets, etc.

> > Nothing is really simple nowadays. * I feel that a gentle
> > cleanout is perhaps preferable to a kamakazi attack.

> Years ago some fuel cleaners were like lacquer thinner. I have been
> known to use a wee bit.
>
> I have used MMO with unknown results. I'm trying to perfect the use of
> sea foam.
>
> Greg

Oh, I would usually dump stuff in on low tank, run it for a day and
fill up.

Greg
Old May 18th 11, 11:56 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

On May 18, 6:36*pm, g > wrote:
> On May 18, 6:33*pm, g > wrote:
>

> > On May 18, 6:13*pm, "hls" > wrote:

> > > "adamh" > wrote in message

> > > I don't know about MMO as a fuel injector cleaner, It probably does help a
> > > little bit, though slowly.

> > > A great product I've found to work great, for those injectors "on their last
> > > legs" is the Berryman's B-12 CHEMTOOL. *It's a concoction of aceton, Xylene,
> > > Lacquer Thinner, Isopropanol, and some other chemicals, and it works great
> > > at 1 oz. per gallon of fuel as a "shock treatment" - then MMO at 3-4 oz. per
> > > gallon of fuel every fillup there-after.

> > > Don't get me wrong, I could see the potential of MMO "cleaning" injectors,
> > > since it IS a "light weight oil" it could likely "squeeze past" whatever
> > > crud/carbon/varnish may be affecting a fuel injector, so it probably could
> > > help, yes *I live by it, every fill up I dump at least 4 oz. into the
> > > tank.

> > > Look. *MMO is not a total snake oil product. *There is more
> > > there than just a "light weight oil".. *It is a little more gentle than some
> > > formulations.

> > > These products that contain acetone, alcohols, etc can be pretty hard on
> > > some elastomers...O-rings, gaskets, etc.

> > > Nothing is really simple nowadays. * I feel that a gentle
> > > cleanout is perhaps preferable to a kamakazi attack.

> > Years ago some fuel cleaners were like lacquer thinner. I have been
> > known to use a wee bit.

> > I have used MMO with unknown results. I'm trying to perfect the use of
> > sea foam.

> > Greg

> Oh, I would usually dump stuff in on low tank, run it for a day and
> fill up.
>
> Greg

Seems like sea foam is more expensive but has a lot of similarity to
MMO.

I never tried it but toluline also probably cleans injectors. I know
some use it to increase octane.

Greg
Old May 19th 11, 12:12 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

On May 18, 6:56*pm, g > wrote:
> On May 18, 6:36*pm, g > wrote:

> > > Years ago some fuel cleaners were like lacquer thinner. I have been
> > > known to use a wee bit.

> > > I have used MMO with unknown results. I'm trying to perfect the use of
> > > sea foam.

> > > Greg

> > Oh, I would usually dump stuff in on low tank, run it for a day and
> > fill up.

> > Greg

> Seems like sea foam is more expensive but has a lot of similarity to
> MMO.
>
> I never tried it but toluline also probably cleans injectors. I know
> some use it to increase octane.
>
> Greg

I can learn a lot from reading.

Seems like high octane fuels ARE likely to clean injectors better, but
don't many advertise their fuel cleaning better.
Seems like higher octane fuels have Toluene as an additive already.

I use three or four cleaners around garage, and Toluene is one of
them. MEK, lacquer thinner, also use some enamel thinner for car
painting. Kerosene too. Acetone is great if you can keep it from
disappearing.

Greg

Marvel Mystery Oil [email protected] Honda 22 May 24th 11 03:21 PM
Marvel Mystery Oil adamh Driving 2 May 23rd 11 12:20 PM
KW Tranny Additive; Marvel Mystery Oil adamh General 0 May 18th 11 04:23 PM
clean injectors? Dave Lee Jeep 10 February 12th 05 03:06 AM
How to clean & test fuel injectors? [email protected] Technology 2 January 4th 05 05:06 AM