Suggestion to pump gasoline from one car to another in a garage

Old January 8th 10, 04:36 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
FatterDumber& Happier Moe

Default Suggestion to pump gasoline from one car to another in a garage

William Brammer wrote:
> Any suggestion on a good gasoline pump to move gas from one vehicle to
> another in a garage?
>
> My wife always fills up at the most expensive stations while I get my gas
> at the least expensive I can find using Gas Buddy.
>
> I'd like to weekly (or so) transfer about 15 gallons (or so) from my tank
> to hers in my garage (or just outside the garage).
>
> Any suggestions for a good pump for gasoline?

I'd be getting in contract with Dr. Phil on this one. Either he will
have you buying more expensive gas, or the wife will be buying cheaper
gas. Shouldn't take more than a few years of therapy.
Old January 8th 10, 05:24 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Plumber Bob

On Jan 8, 8:36*am, FatterDumber& Happier Moe
> wrote:
> I'd be getting in contract with Dr. Phil on this one.

Or Susie Orman!

She'd say you've got 15 gallons a week times 20 cents savings per
gallon times 50 weeks in a year times 30 years in your marriage =
$4,500 over the life of your marriage.

Back to Dr. Phil, he'd note that it's 10 minutes per week times 50
weeks times 30 years which is 250 hours spent improving your marriage.

You only can decide if the 250 minutes improving your marriage are
worth the $4,500 you save doing it!

Old January 9th 10, 12:59 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 05:57:46 -0800, William Brammer
> wrote:

>On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 10:46:10 GMT, Joe wrote:
>
>> Wouldn't it be easier just to switch the station at which you fill
>> up? (or to take her car to put some less expensive gas in it)

>I switch stations all the time but my wife does not. I work near Costco
>which is only about $2.90 a gallon nowadays while the gas stations she goes
>to are $3.10 or so. We live very far (20- miles) from the nearest gas
>station. She would love it if the "gas tank just filled itself".
>
>She grew up in the only state in the USA that has true self serve (where
>you stay in the car the whole time) and she hates those "cash only"
>stations that make you wait in line at the checkout twice just to fill up.
>So she goes to the expensive fill up stations which are more convenient and
>closer to where she shops.
>
>Of course as you suggested, I could just go out at 6am or 11pm and simply
>take her car out for gas, it would be much less work to just fill up her
>car from a tank at home.
>
>I considered buying a 500 gallon gasoline tank but then I learned that gas
>goes stale so that would only be useful for commercial establishments.
>
>Anyway, there must be someone else with a similar problem that has found a
>workable solution.

You are going to go thru all that trouble to save $200 a year?? You
save $0.20 per gallon. If you swap 20 gallons a week that's $4 a
week, X 52 weeks a year = $208. Seems dumb to me.
Old January 9th 10, 05:28 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Red Green

JIMMIE > wrote in
:

> On Jan 7, 3:25*am, William Brammer > wrote:
>> My wife always fills up at the most expensive stations while I get my
>> gas at the least expensive I can find using Gas Buddy.
>>
>> I'd like to weekly (or so) transfer about 15 gallons (or so) from my
>> tank to hers in my garage (or just outside the garage).
>>
>> Any suggestions for a good pump for gasoline?

> My wife is just as bad in the opposite way. She drives 16 miles round
> trip to save $0.15/gal. She drives a Chey pickup with a 350
>
> Jimmie

> Chey pickup with a 350

Had one of those with a Holly 4bbl. It could suck up black holes.