What did Toyota know, and when did they know it?

Old March 2nd 10, 11:05 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech
Ed White[_1_]

Default What did Toyota know, and when did they know it?

On Feb 26, 9:19 pm, Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B > wrote:

> Quite impressive...how did YOU rack up all those miles?!?! Mile were
> from50+ mile treks to work, Canada a few times (a LOT) and just general I
> feel like going for a cruise today...

Too many jobs. I have a regular job that invovles commuting around 40
to 50 miles a day. I have a farm that is 150 miles away and I have to
go there at least twice a week in the winter. When my kids were
younger and in school I had to drive them another 10 miles a day.
Usually whenever anyone wants to go somewhere, I end up driving
(especially when I had the Expeditions - everybody loved riding in
those as long as they didn't have to buy the gas). This time of year,
I probably drive 650 miles a week going back and forth to my farm,
another 200 or so driving back and forth to my real job, and probably
another 150 a week between my kid's aparment and the SO's house. Throw
in three or four long trips a year and I exceed 50,000 miles a year.
If spring ever comes, I will actually make fewer trips to my farm
(but stay for longer periods), so my monthly mileage will decrease. If
Ford ever sells a diesel Fiesta, I should get one. The gas savings
could pay for it. I breifly considered buying a Prius and probably
should have. But, I really like the size of the F150. I drove a Nissan
Frontier back and forth for three years and it got to the point I was
a crippled for hours after getting out of it. Getting old is a bitch.
The F150 has so much room it is like riding in a living room. Too bad
it only averages around 16 mpg.

Did I mention that in the spring, I probably set in a tractor seat for
14 hours at a clip? My three tractor currently show a total of around
14,000 hours on the meter. I probably put around 400 hours a year
running one of those mostly between March and October.

Ed
Old March 2nd 10, 11:18 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech
Ed White[_1_]

On Feb 27, 9:32*am, Clive > wrote:
> In message >, C. E. White
> > writes>bought after wrecking my Jensen-Healey.
>
> Anyone that buys a Jensen-Healey is a basket case.

I had three of them. I also had two Austin-Healey Sprites. I actaully
assembled one Sprite from parts. I have no defense for owning these
cars but stupidity. I purchase the first Jensen-Healey from beside a
party store where the owner parked it when it broke down. The second
was a parts car. Eventually I decided women were avoiding me becasue
they couldn't stand being forced to ride in the J-H. So I sold it. The
guy that bought it promptly burned it up becasue he used gasahol in
the tank (it rottded out the natural rubber tee between the SUs - a
common problem). I bought it back with the idea of fixing it.
Meanwhile I purchased a newer Jensen-Healey as a second car. It
suffered from a lot of rust, but I got it in decent shape, and then
sold it. For a couple of years I had the burned Jensen-Healey and the
parts car under a shed at my farm. After I had my first Son, I
realized I was never going to find time to reassemble the J-H, so I
advertised it in a magazine. Some guy showed up from Ohio and hauled
the whole sorry mess off. I occasionally wish I had one. I always
thought it could have been a decent vehcile if I would toss the Lotus
engine out and install a Ford 2.8L V6 in it's place. I can't tell you
how many hours I spent fiddling with those engines. I completely
rebuilt one and spent many hours keeping the other running. Heck, I
even made a trip to the US distributor in Glenn Burnie Maryland once
to pick up parts. I've seen Mom and Pop feed store run better than
that organiation.

For some reason I am attracted to convertibles. I am about due for
another one.....

Ed
Old March 3rd 10, 04:36 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 15:05:28 -0800, Ed White wrote:

> On Feb 26, 9:19 pm, Hachiroku ハチ*ク > wrote:
>
>> Quite impressive...how did YOU rack up all those miles?!?! Mile were
>> from50+ mile treks to work, Canada a few times (a LOT) and just general
>> I feel like going for a cruise today...

> Too many jobs. I have a regular job that invovles commuting around 40 to
> 50 miles a day. I have a farm that is 150 miles away and I have to go
> there at least twice a week in the winter. When my kids were younger and
> in school I had to drive them another 10 miles a day. Usually whenever
> anyone wants to go somewhere, I end up driving (especially when I had the
> Expeditions - everybody loved riding in those as long as they didn't have
> to buy the gas). This time of year, I probably drive 650 miles a week

Holy Crap! I was doing ~500 at one point, now I'm down to 250-350.
One of the reasons I own Japanese cars! My current car, the beater Soob is
probably not going to see another year, which is upsetting (hey, it's an
'89!) because of my "fleet", it's probably the most comfortable, next to
the Supra.

I'm debating fixing it up; it needs a LOT, but it's just so darn
COMFORTABLE!

Old March 5th 10, 04:26 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Mon, 01 Mar 2010 22:43:05 -0700, Ashton Crusher wrote:

> On Mon, 01 Mar 2010 23:33:56 -0500, Hachiroku ???? > wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 01 Mar 2010 21:21:28 -0700, Ashton Crusher wrote:

>>> Now can we all be friends? There's enough ugly in the world without us
>>> adding to it.

>>Just stop bashing Toyota...er, at least,as much...
>>

> moi???

Nah, yer Aunt Tillie!