CRV's are crap

Old February 16th 07, 07:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Kaz Kylheku

Default CRV's are crap

On Feb 15, 5:03 am, "JAS" > wrote:
> We had a small snow storm on the east coast. I had never been home to see my
> wife drive her car. The piece of crap 2001CRV could not get out of a few
> inches of snow. The tires have less than 20k on them.

I did quite well in a big snowstorm on the west coast, in my 1998
Civic hatchback equipped with 195/55/R15, all-season, second-hand
tires!

There was one hill where I got stuck for a couple of minutes; the ice
was polished to a shine. The traffic came to a momentary stop, and so
I lost my momentum. Eventually I found the traction and moved on up
that hill and out of there.

The difference is knowing what to do. And, of course, it helps to be
using a manual transmission instead of a slushbox.

> Needless to say we will be getting another SUV; a Jeep or maybe a FJCruiser.

Switch SUV's instead of learning how to select tires and how to drive?

That just illustrates how affluence can be no impediment to stupidity.

On a related note, isn't it striking how frequently the biggest
dumbasses on the road are behind the wheels of SUV's and minivans?

Old February 16th 07, 07:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
motsco_[_1_]

Kaz Kylheku wrote:
<SNIP>
> On a related note, isn't it striking how frequently the biggest
> dumbasses on the road are behind the wheels of SUV's and minivans?

================================

Actually, in Alberta they are behind the wheels of 'riced' vehicles,
with blue signal lights and blacked out windows. . . .

'Curly'
Old February 17th 07, 06:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Joe LaVigne

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 11:13:17 -0800, Kaz Kylheku wrote:

> I did quite well in a big snowstorm on the west coast, in my 1998
> Civic hatchback equipped with 195/55/R15, all-season, second-hand
> tires!
>
> There was one hill where I got stuck for a couple of minutes; the ice
> was polished to a shine. The traffic came to a momentary stop, and so
> I lost my momentum. Eventually I found the traction and moved on up
> that hill and out of there.
>
> The difference is knowing what to do. And, of course, it helps to be
> using a manual transmission instead of a slushbox.

We have been getting hit with moderate snowfalls, lately (a couple feet
over the past couple weeks). I have had absolutely no complaints with my
06 Si with the Stock 17" wheels and stock all-season tires.

I had considered getting a set of snows for the winter, but I can see no
reason for them. The car handles the snow great on the all seasons.

I can't imagine having any issues at all with a 4wd...
Old February 17th 07, 05:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
motsco_[_1_]

Joe LaVigne wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 11:13:17 -0800, Kaz Kylheku wrote:
>

>> I did quite well in a big snowstorm on the west coast, in my 1998
>> Civic hatchback equipped with 195/55/R15, all-season, second-hand
>> tires!

<SNIP>
> I can't imagine having any issues at all with a 4wd...

-------------------------------------

Steering can be a problem with poor tires because the CR-V's AWD engages
on tight turns and then the front wheels seem to get pushed straight,
rather than holding their grip and going around the corner. Snow tires
really help overcome the problem, but then there's many kinds of road
conditions, and 'all-weather' tires just can't handle 'all' conditions.

'Curly'
Old February 26th 07, 03:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
slim

**** like that has been known to happen.

>> I had never been home to see my wife drive her car.

You should get home more often.

>> The piece of crap 2001CRV could not get out of a few inches of snow.

Who was driving it, you, you wife, or her boyfriend...since you "had
never been home to see my wife drive her car. ?

>> The tires have less than 20k on them.

El Cheapo's or what? A brand and model would go a long way here.

Perhaps instead of driving, WHOEVER was driving your wife's car should
have called a cab.

-Slim

AWA [Offer] Crap C. E. White General 1 January 5th 06 01:15 AM
New Charger ad, more crap [email protected] Ford Mustang 101 October 21st 05 03:22 AM
4.2L running like a bag of crap Pi-Eyed Piper Jeep 14 July 19th 05 09:29 PM
OFF TOPIC GM crap Merc Ford Mustang 5 May 20th 05 04:56 PM
crap! tdodge Corvette 12 September 8th 04 04:33 AM