could i have a hidden GPS tracking device

Old February 6th 06, 01:41 AM posted to rec.autos.misc

Default could i have a hidden GPS tracking device

I have a mercury marquis 97. A few years ago it started having this
beeping noise at various times. It is VERY possible my ex would have
had a tracking device or something put on my car. Is there some where
on my car i should look to see if it may still be there and still gets
activated or is there someother way for me to find out? Also, is there
a way to tell if there was one put on my car at some point in time?
thanks for any help........

--
tiptoe1
tiptoe1's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=435228

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old February 6th 06, 09:07 AM posted to rec.autos.misc

Cant help you out much, but I can help you get a tracking device. Go to:
www.centralplainsgps.com

Old February 24th 06, 06:23 PM posted to rec.autos.misc

GPS trackers aren't cheap, $300 or more, so he'd have to be really
serious.

The devices are usually small enough to fit in the palm of your hand,
and these "trackers" are usually attached to the car by magnets.

Your ex would need access to the car to put it inside or under the
hood, does he still have keys? That leaves anywhere under the car.

I can't see why the maker would have it emit any audible noise, seems
counterproductive to a covert device. Unless the signal is causing
interference with something in the car.

Perhaps a mechanic that you trust (who had no personal or business
relationship with your ex) could look around under the hood, fender
wells, undercar for anything that didn't come from the factory. They
sell devices that can detect these things; I found some on
cuttingedgesecurity.com but they're a couple hundred also. Perhaps it's
worth paying a local private investigator to scan your car.

The whole idea of a snooping ex-spouse is creepy.

--
jpolicke
jpolicke's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=385934

Old March 3rd 06, 06:01 AM posted to rec.autos.misc

Are you sure it's not some engine pinging noise or something mechanical?

--
cody_e
cody_e's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=431972