Multi-Player Driver over Internal Network

Old May 19th 07, 11:20 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
David_L

Default Multi-Player Driver over Internal Network

Picked up 2 copies of Need for Speed Carbon to do multi player.

What a pain - the thing doesn't support multi-player over an internal
network (wants to go through the EA server). I'm not even sure this
can work. It doesn't seem to connect, but wants me to open some
firewall ports (which I haven't done).

Even if I set up tcp forwarding it then seems like I have to forward
to 1 computer or the other.

What fun (arcade like) drivers support multi-player over a private
network (and will hopefully run on Vista 64)?

Thanks

Old May 21st 07, 04:57 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Plowboy

I will assume this is NOT just a troling post...

YOu should read the forums, older postings before you go out to buy stuff,
saves you time energy, and money! You can google this group and from
google, search this group for info...

Anywho,
Most sims that are worth a crap (nascar2003, GTR, GTR2, rFactor, LIVE FOR
SPEED, etc) have enough driving helper (aid) settings to make them as
arcadey as NFS (or any tittle previously released on set top gaming systems
crap). Or I suggest getting a playstation\Xbox or some set top, or
something similiar, since Arcady games are their sole diet.

XP and or Vista 64 machines are really not good sim\game machines, unless
the games are specifically written for 64bit, least that is how I keep
reading it. especially since you would be looking for existing tittles that
are easily attainable ($).

In almost all circumstances I have read, the 64 bit OS installed PC then has
to "emulate" normal 32 bit machine which will degrade perfomances, plus the
support for wheels, video cards, and the like are lacking & buggy at best,
in 64 bit versions. So if you have to you would do better to create a dual
boot machine (if you really really think you need to run the 64 bit OS in
the 1st place) yeah there are legitimate reasons, some are Memory and some
GFX artist or Cad Applications that take advantage of 64 bit, and of course
the ability to use more than 4 gig of system memory.

I still think GTR or NEED FOR SPEED, will fit your bill, GTR is cheap if
found in stores or online because version 2 is out. Lastly you didnt
mention what kind of racing you really enjoy.

David_L enlightened us with: