air bag injuries due to propellant chemicals

Old November 6th 04, 12:30 AM
linda

Matt Whiting wrote:
> linda wrote:
>
>> i always heard the saying "Church was for sinners" ... who wants to be
>> around those folks? :-)

> Another one you got wrong.
>
> Matt

ok, i will argue this one with you.. how did i get that one wrong?

linda
Old November 6th 04, 12:36 AM
linda

Daniel J. Stern wrote:

>>>If the "sin" (i.e., "abomination before the LORD") is wearing garments of
>>>mixed fiber content, or a widower remarrying, or eating shellfish, or any
>>>of the many other "abominations before the LORD" mentioned in The Bible,
>>>those get a free pass from God -- just ask Bill.

>>If you can show me where those things are said and apply to me, then I
>>will consider them.

> D'you seek to find out political candidates' stances on shellfish,
> widower-remarrying, mixed-fiber garments, and so forth? Would you care one
> way or the other if a Presidential candidate (or a schoolboard candidate,
> for that matter) said he was strongly in favor of a constitutional
> amendment banning marriages between widowers and new wives?
>
> ...and yet, let the topic be your one little particular "sin", and it
> suddenly becomes all important (and God-driven) to you.

like the title says, loving someone is not a sin..

>>>God wants morally-clean Americans to pass laws against icky women (100
>>>years ago) icky brown people (50 years ago) icky gay people (today) --
>>>says so right in The Bible. God wants Palestinians to blow themselves
>>>up and kill people.

>>Am I supposed to be feeling guilty about something here

> Nope.
>

>>You don't have to guess. The answers are available.

> Yeah, yeah, I know. The cookbook approach to life.

The Bible is a holy scripture, written by mortal men..
(oxymoron?hmmmm)... however i believe in a God that loves everyone.
even those that have PREDILECTIONS (excuse me, i couldn't resist,
Ted....;-) )
Old November 6th 04, 12:36 AM
linda

Old November 6th 04, 12:55 AM
linda

Bill Putney wrote:
> Daniel J. Stern wrote:

>>> i asked them, and honestly, they have their wills in order, insurance
>>> beneficiaries are made out to each other, and thanks to our company,
>>> medical bene's.

>> Great 'n' groovy. Those wills are meaningless when blood relatives
>> challenge them.
>>

>>> they don't want to get married.. what does a piece of paper mean anyway?

>> The fact they can't get it means they're not treated equally.
>>

>>> i believe that God (regardless of what the bible says), MY GOD sees my
>>> best friends as human beings he created, i cannot see them waking up one
>>> day and deciding to become homosexual and be treated badly, denied human
>>> rights, etc... i believe God created everyone the way they are.

>> I agree with you; Bush does not.

> Please provide a quote to substantiate this.
>

>>> darn, just my luck, all the good men are homosexual

>> God apparently told Bill to tell you you're Wrong with an uppercase W.

> So it's come down to saying things that someone hasn't said or wouldn't
> say and saying they said it anyway. You're smarter than that Daniel -
> except when it comes to this subject. Once again - angry at me for what
> others have apparently done or said to you?

oh, God, Bill.. you have put me back in Sunday School where wearing
makeup was a sin, mixed-bathing was a sin (in a swimming pool) and pants
were a sin... give me a break.. let people live their lives, if you
don't like gays, then stay away from them.. it is awfully damn funny to
me that most supposedly hetero men hate gay men... wonder why???

Old November 6th 04, 12:55 AM
linda

Old November 6th 04, 12:55 AM
Bill Putney

Daniel J. Stern wrote:

>>>If the "sin" (i.e., "abomination before the LORD") is wearing garments of
>>>mixed fiber content, or a widower remarrying, or eating shellfish, or any
>>>of the many other "abominations before the LORD" mentioned in The Bible,
>>>those get a free pass from God -- just ask Bill.

>>If you can show me where those things are said and apply to me, then I
>>will consider them.

> D'you seek to find out political candidates' stances on shellfish,
> widower-remarrying, mixed-fiber garments, and so forth? Would you care one
> way or the other if a Presidential candidate (or a schoolboard candidate,
> for that matter) said he was strongly in favor of a constitutional
> amendment banning marriages between widowers and new wives?
>
> ...and yet, let the topic be your one little particular "sin", and it
> suddenly becomes all important (and God-driven) to you.

Again - show me where there is anything that applies to me regarding
eating shellfish or wearing mix-fiber garments. (answer: you can't
because there isn't any)

>>>God wants morally-clean Americans to pass laws against icky women (100
>>>years ago) icky brown people (50 years ago) icky gay people (today) --
>>>says so right in The Bible. God wants Palestinians to blow themselves
>>>up and kill people.

>>Am I supposed to be feeling guilty about something here

> Nope.
>

>>You don't have to guess. The answers are available.

> Yeah, yeah, I know. The cookbook approach to life.

And yet you would be the first to advise someone to get a genuine - not
imitation - shop manual for serious work on their car. Like I said -
antifreeze in the crankcase. Cookbook indeed! 8^)

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')

Old November 6th 04, 12:55 AM
Bill Putney

Old November 6th 04, 01:02 AM
linda

Matt Whiting wrote:
> Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
>
>> "Daniel J. Stern" > wrote in message
>> .umich.edu...

>>> ...but it wouldn't make any difference, 'cause they and we are all --
>>> wait
>>> for it! -- human beings. I do wonder, though, how your alleged best
>>> friends feel about your vote for a government that considers them less
>>> than equal.

>> Actually, Dan, I'd be more interested in how her best friends feel
>> about her
>> views that homosexuality is a "predilection".
>>
>> sexual orientation ain't a predilection, you don't have much choice in
>> what
>> gets you hot. It's 'hard' wired in.

> Evidence please?

Matt, would you wake up one morning and decide you wanted to be treated
badly, denied benefits, killed, drug through streets, hung up on chain
link fences? would you want to wake up one morning and decide that you
wanted to be treated differently, not given equal opps, not allowed to
marry the one you wanted to, not allowed to benefit from your partners
insurances, benefits, etc?, not allowed in places, not allowed to show
any smattering of affection to the one you love, hide the fact from your
co-workers, your drill seargent for being gay to keep from being beaten
to death? how would you like to have to refer to the person you love
with all your heart as "My Roommate" to people?
Evidence you want? check the damn evidence yourself, its out there,
your a smart guy....you can find it...

linda (Conservative, unless it affects my friends...)

Old November 6th 04, 01:02 AM
linda

Old November 6th 04, 01:02 AM
linda

Matt Whiting wrote:
> linda wrote:
>
>> Dori A Schmetterling wrote:
>>
>>> I think I found an error, which we could debate.. :-)
>>>
>>> "Quantities of dihydrogen monoxide have been found in almost every
>>> stream,
>>> lake, and reservoir in America today. "
>>>
>>> "Almost"?
>>>
>>> If a stream does not contain the stuff, is it still a stream...?...
>>>
>>> DAS

>> Actually, in my years of toxicology research, i was told that DHMO is
>> toxic in large enough quantities...

> As is almost anything ... and that was his point.

DUH!