300M - no heat?

Old December 16th 04, 06:18 PM
maxpower

REPUTATION??? I tell you what, you answer that question for me ok, what yr
did they come out with the 2.7 in the 300m
"deadbeat" > wrote in message
> Max, your reputation is in question! Since when did a 300M come with a

2.7?

Old December 16th 04, 07:06 PM
Art

300M in US has 3.5L engine

Old December 16th 04, 07:06 PM
Art

300M in US has 3.5L engine

Old December 20th 04, 06:31 PM
maxpower

U get the cookie, I think dead beat fell down and cant get back up...
someone call 911
icas.hpqcorp.net...

Old December 20th 04, 06:31 PM
maxpower

U get the cookie, I think dead beat fell down and cant get back up...
someone call 911
icas.hpqcorp.net...

Old December 22nd 04, 03:55 PM
Bob

I have had similar problems with my 99M.

Try this:
1. Start the engine but do not move the vehicle.
2. Set the Temp Control to 75 degrees.
3. Press and hold the Floor, Mix and Defrost buttons at the same time.
4. The control head will begin to blink and enter a diagnostic mode. Once
the unit has gone through its diagnostics it will either return to its
normal mode (with all air doors calibrated) or it will return one or more of
16 differend error codes between 23 and 51.

Old December 22nd 04, 03:55 PM
Bob

Old December 22nd 04, 07:03 PM
Ralf

Thanks Bob ,, and thanks to others who replied... as previously suggested I
removed the fuse for 10 minutes and it may have worked - but this suggested
fix will be my 'Plan B'' All of you enjoy the Holidays - we have 6" of snow
and expecting 5" more.. will be white Christmas for my redheaded
grandkids..
Ralph
news:1103730915.86688d9d65e0129ef0e0fa2e5ca0fc59@t eranews...

Old December 22nd 04, 07:03 PM
Ralf

Old December 23rd 04, 01:35 AM
MoPar Man

Bob wrote:

> I have had similar problems with my 99M.
>
> Try this:
> 1. Start the engine but do not move the vehicle.
> 2. Set the Temp Control to 75 degrees.
> 3. Press and hold the Floor, Mix and Defrost buttons at the same
> time.
> 4. The control head will begin to blink and enter a diagnostic
> mode. Once the unit has gone through its diagnostics it will
> either return to its normal mode (with all air doors
> calibrated) or it will return one or more of 16 differend
> error codes between 23 and 51.

It usually happens to me at least once per winter with my '00 300M
that during sustained highway driving during moderate snow fall (or if
the highway is messy and throwing up snow) that my external
temperature reading will drift upwards (usually into the 50's ) and
soon after the vents will be blowing luke-warm to slightly cold to
moderately cold air, regardless of how high I set the desired temp.

Will I be able to perform the above-described diagnostic process
during an episode like this (ie while driving) ?