WHO KILLED THE ELECTRIC CAR??

Old June 16th 09, 07:19 PM posted to rec.autos.misc,talk.politics
krp

Default WHO KILLED THE ELECTRIC CAR??

Well - apparently NOBODY! While Fords is thinking about thinking about
thinking about an electric car in the FAR FAR FAR future, GM and Chrysler
execs sit around yanking their puds with an extremely STUPID expression on
their faces. The Japanese RIGHT NOW - which means to the non-retarded,
"TODAY" have an OPERATING prototype already tested with a top speed OVER 250
MPH and with a rage of over 350 miles on a charge. Whine GM can get one up
to 40 and for 10 miles. WOW the NEW General Motors. Chrysler still doesn't
know what an electric car IS.

If you can, catch the INFOCUS show on HD-NET. The 8 wheeled car is
amazing. It WIPED the track with a Porsche on a drag race. The Porsche was
ahead to 10 MPH and after that never saw the electric again. It had 100MPH
on the top speed of the Porsche. But American companies ate NOT even
REMOTELY INTERESTED, what a SHOCK, that is, huh???
"How did you say it works again?" Why do you need all those batteries? WHY
do you need an electric motor on all 8 wheels? Won't ONE work? What's the
"BOTTOM LINE" on this, how many BEANS can it handle in its trunk?

For YEARS the American companies have been saying that the electric car
is "IMPOSSIBLE" and that NOBODY would EVER want one. So what is the BIG
BRAIN'S idea over at GM? Make a tiny ****BOX and put a Chinese 4 cylinder
GASOLINE engine in it. Hey! That's the BEST GM can come up with.

The Eliica is amazing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eliica But remember
a you read the article and look at the car, the CEO of General Motors says
it is "IMPOSSIBLE!" Can't be done,. MAYBE in 100 years. Maybe 200.

It just CANNOT be done..

http://common.weblogsinc.com/common/...75377344322528

Look at the "TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE."

Old June 17th 09, 04:21 AM posted to rec.autos.misc,talk.politics
M.Butzin[_3_]

"krp" > wrote in message ...
> Well - apparently NOBODY! While Fords is thinking about thinking about
> thinking about an electric car in the FAR FAR FAR future, GM and Chrysler
> execs sit around yanking their puds with an extremely STUPID expression on
> their faces. The Japanese RIGHT NOW - which means to the non-retarded,
> "TODAY" have an OPERATING prototype already tested with a top speed OVER 250
> MPH and with a rage of over 350 miles on a charge. Whine GM can get one up
> to 40 and for 10 miles. WOW the NEW General Motors. Chrysler still doesn't
> know what an electric car IS.
>
> If you can, catch the INFOCUS show on HD-NET. The 8 wheeled car is
> amazing. It WIPED the track with a Porsche on a drag race. The Porsche was
> ahead to 10 MPH and after that never saw the electric again. It had 100MPH
> on the top speed of the Porsche. But American companies ate NOT even
> REMOTELY INTERESTED, what a SHOCK, that is, huh???
> "How did you say it works again?" Why do you need all those batteries? WHY
> do you need an electric motor on all 8 wheels? Won't ONE work? What's the
> "BOTTOM LINE" on this, how many BEANS can it handle in its trunk?
>
> For YEARS the American companies have been saying that the electric car
> is "IMPOSSIBLE" and that NOBODY would EVER want one. So what is the BIG
> BRAIN'S idea over at GM? Make a tiny ****BOX and put a Chinese 4 cylinder
> GASOLINE engine in it. Hey! That's the BEST GM can come up with.
>
> The Eliica is amazing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eliica But remember
> a you read the article and look at the car, the CEO of General Motors says
> it is "IMPOSSIBLE!" Can't be done,. MAYBE in 100 years. Maybe 200.
>
> It just CANNOT be done..
>
> http://common.weblogsinc.com/common/...75377344322528
>
> Look at the "TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE."

Damn and I thought my electric bill was high now/ Hmm we had 100 degree heat for the last two days tomorrows forecast is 110 degrees. the Orientals here are the worst in the fast lane they drive using the Km speed applied to MPH speed limits with their four way flashers on.
Old June 17th 09, 05:08 AM posted to rec.autos.misc,talk.politics
®

Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 18:19:56 GMT
From: krp
MessageID: >
Newsgroup: talk.politics

>Well - apparently NOBODY! While Fords is thinking about thinking about
>thinking about an electric car in the FAR FAR FAR future, GM and Chrysler
>execs sit around yanking their puds with an extremely STUPID expression on
>their faces. The Japanese RIGHT NOW - which means to the non-retarded,
>"TODAY" have an OPERATING prototype already tested with a top speed OVER 250
>MPH and with a rage of over 350 miles on a charge. Whine GM can get one up
>to 40 and for 10 miles. WOW the NEW General Motors. Chrysler still doesn't
>know what an electric car IS.
>
> If you can, catch the INFOCUS show on HD-NET. The 8 wheeled car is
>amazing. It WIPED the track with a Porsche on a drag race. The Porsche was
>ahead to 10 MPH and after that never saw the electric again. It had 100MPH
>on the top speed of the Porsche. But American companies ate NOT even
>REMOTELY INTERESTED, what a SHOCK, that is, huh???
>"How did you say it works again?" Why do you need all those batteries? WHY
>do you need an electric motor on all 8 wheels? Won't ONE work? What's the
>"BOTTOM LINE" on this, how many BEANS can it handle in its trunk?
>
> For YEARS the American companies have been saying that the electric car
>is "IMPOSSIBLE" and that NOBODY would EVER want one. So what is the BIG
>BRAIN'S idea over at GM? Make a tiny ****BOX and put a Chinese 4 cylinder
>GASOLINE engine in it. Hey! That's the BEST GM can come up with.
>
> The Eliica is amazing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eliica But remember
>a you read the article and look at the car, the CEO of General Motors says
>it is "IMPOSSIBLE!" Can't be done,. MAYBE in 100 years. Maybe 200.
>
>It just CANNOT be done..
>
>http://common.weblogsinc.com/common/...75377344322528
>
>Look at the "TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE."

In 1993, Chrysler built a electric minivan, the TEVan, I drove in one
owned by a local Chry. Fleet Manger here. We drove to a Dodger game
plugged in at one of their RV stations there and drove it back after
the game. I have to admit it wasn't bad I believe top speed was about
80 or 90mph and distance about 100 miles per charge. "not bad for 16
years ago, "wonder what ever happen to them" ? ...........

--

®
Old June 17th 09, 06:02 AM posted to rec.autos.misc,talk.politics
M.Butzin[_3_]

Default WHO KILLED THE ELECTRIC CAR?? The EV-1

"®" > wrote in message news:nuqg35priaqbj0r78ghb517knugshq0rsb@America...
> Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 18:19:56 GMT
> From: krp
> MessageID: >
> Newsgroup: talk.politics
>
>>Well - apparently NOBODY! While Fords is thinking about thinking about
>>thinking about an electric car in the FAR FAR FAR future, GM and Chrysler
>>execs sit around yanking their puds with an extremely STUPID expression on
>>their faces. The Japanese RIGHT NOW - which means to the non-retarded,
>>"TODAY" have an OPERATING prototype already tested with a top speed OVER 250
>>MPH and with a rage of over 350 miles on a charge. Whine GM can get one up
>>to 40 and for 10 miles. WOW the NEW General Motors. Chrysler still doesn't
>>know what an electric car IS.
>>
>> If you can, catch the INFOCUS show on HD-NET. The 8 wheeled car is
>>amazing. It WIPED the track with a Porsche on a drag race. The Porsche was
>>ahead to 10 MPH and after that never saw the electric again. It had 100MPH
>>on the top speed of the Porsche. But American companies ate NOT even
>>REMOTELY INTERESTED, what a SHOCK, that is, huh???
>>"How did you say it works again?" Why do you need all those batteries? WHY
>>do you need an electric motor on all 8 wheels? Won't ONE work? What's the
>>"BOTTOM LINE" on this, how many BEANS can it handle in its trunk?
>>
>> For YEARS the American companies have been saying that the electric car
>>is "IMPOSSIBLE" and that NOBODY would EVER want one. So what is the BIG
>>BRAIN'S idea over at GM? Make a tiny ****BOX and put a Chinese 4 cylinder
>>GASOLINE engine in it. Hey! That's the BEST GM can come up with.
>>
>> The Eliica is amazing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eliica But remember
>>a you read the article and look at the car, the CEO of General Motors says
>>it is "IMPOSSIBLE!" Can't be done,. MAYBE in 100 years. Maybe 200.
>>
>>It just CANNOT be done..
>>
>>http://common.weblogsinc.com/common/...75377344322528
>>
>>Look at the "TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE."

> In 1993, Chrysler built a electric minivan, the TEVan, I drove in one
> owned by a local Chry. Fleet Manger here. We drove to a Dodger game
> plugged in at one of their RV stations there and drove it back after
> the game. I have to admit it wasn't bad I believe top speed was about
> 80 or 90mph and distance about 100 miles per charge. "not bad for 16
> years ago, "wonder what ever happen to them" ? ...........
>
> --
>
> ®

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Kil...lectric_Car%3F

The movie.............
http://www.sonyclassics.com/whokilledtheelectriccar/
Old June 17th 09, 10:38 AM posted to rec.autos.misc,talk.politics
krp

"M.Butzin" > wrote in message
news
> For YEARS the American companies have been saying that the electric car
> is "IMPOSSIBLE" and that NOBODY would EVER want one. So what is the BIG
> BRAIN'S idea over at GM? Make a tiny ****BOX and put a Chinese 4 cylinder
> GASOLINE engine in it. Hey! That's the BEST GM can come up with.
>
> The Eliica is amazing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eliica But
> remember
> a you read the article and look at the car, the CEO of General Motors says
> it is "IMPOSSIBLE!" Can't be done,. MAYBE in 100 years. Maybe 200.
>
> It just CANNOT be done..
>
> http://common.weblogsinc.com/common/...75377344322528

> Look at the "TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE."

MB> Damn and I thought my electric bill was high now/ Hmm we had 100 degree
heat for the last two days tomorrows forecast is 110 degrees. the Orientals
here are the worst in the fast lane they drive MB> using the Km speed
applied to MPH speed limits with their four way flashers on.

Marc - keep opposing nuclear power. Watch your power bill soar. When it
gets to $1K a month will you START to consider having nuclear power???? The
point is that car is HERE NOW. There are great new batteries being made by
the Chinese that have more than twice the power of a L-ion battery and
cheaper to make.

Old June 17th 09, 10:48 AM posted to rec.autos.misc,talk.politics
krp

"®" > wrote in message

>> The Eliica is amazing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eliica But
>> remember
>>a you read the article and look at the car, the CEO of General Motors says
>>it is "IMPOSSIBLE!" Can't be done,. MAYBE in 100 years. Maybe 200.
>>
>>It just CANNOT be done..
>>
>>http://common.weblogsinc.com/common/...75377344322528
>>
>>Look at the "TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE."

> In 1993, Chrysler built a electric minivan, the TEVan, I drove in one
> owned by a local Chry. Fleet Manger here. We drove to a Dodger game
> plugged in at one of their RV stations there and drove it back after
> the game. I have to admit it wasn't bad I believe top speed was about
> 80 or 90mph and distance about 100 miles per charge. "not bad for 16
> years ago, "wonder what ever happen to them" ? ...........

The BEAN COUNTERS running the Big 3 KILLED them. That was before the
L-ion battery and this new battery the Chinese have which delivers twice the
power of a L-ion battery. The electric car is vastly superior to a gas
powered car. If you saw the special documentary on the Eliica on HD-Net they
had a drag race between a Porsche high performance car and the electric. The
Porsche was ahead to 70 kph, then the electric shot away from the Porsche
and by 160 kph could only be seen pulling away in the distance by the
frustrated Porsche driver. As recently as this month the IDIOT running GM
told us that the electric car is maybe 100 years away. He was on the team
that lead GM into the toilet after listening to him for over an hour I give
GM absolutely NO chance of survival. If I was an autoworker in Detroit, I'd
start thinking of moving somewhere where there will be jobs. GM is TOAST as
is Chrysler. Ford MAY survive but it will be much smaller. PLAN on buying a
Japanese or Korean car. That new Buick may start to look like an old Kaiser
soon. A rusting memory in a salvage yard. Someday soon a young boy will ask
their dad; "Dad was there ever a car called a Chevrolet?"

Old June 17th 09, 12:58 PM posted to rec.autos.misc
C. E. White[_1_]

"krp" > wrote in message
> Well - apparently NOBODY! While Fords is thinking about thinking
> about thinking about an electric car in the FAR FAR FAR future, GM
> and Chrysler execs sit around yanking their puds with an extremely
> STUPID expression on their faces. The Japanese RIGHT NOW - which
> means to the non-retarded, "TODAY" have an OPERATING prototype
> already tested with a top speed OVER 250 MPH and with a rage of over
> 350 miles on a charge. Whine GM can get one up to 40 and for 10
> miles. WOW the NEW General Motors. Chrysler still doesn't know what
> an electric car IS.

Where did you get the range of 350 miles? The article you cited listed
two ranges - 120 miles or 200 miles depending on the model (another
article claimed a range of 190 miles at 60 mph). This would be
followed by a ten hour recharge. I can see this working for a commuter
car, but not for one that you would take on a trip.

No mention was made of cost, but almost 1300 pounds of batteries can't
be cheap.

You need to go read the Wikipedia article on the GM EV-1
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Motors_EV1). Ten years before
"Elicca" it pretty much had the same performance. From the Wikipedia
article:

"The first generation EV1s used lead-acid batteries in 1996 (as model
year 1997) and a second generation batch with nickel metal hydride
(NiMH) batteries in 1999. Some of the Gen 1 EV1s were refurbished and
upgraded to Panasonic lead-acid batteries.

"The Gen 1 cars got 55 to 75 miles (90 to 120 km) per charge with the
Delco-manufactured lead-acid batteries, 75 to 100 miles (120 to 160
km) with the Gen 2 Panasonic lead-acid batteries, and 75 to 150 miles
(120 to 240 km) per charge with Gen 2 Ovonic nickel-metal hydride
batteries. Recharging took as much as eight hours for a full charge
(although one could get an 80% charge in one to three hours). The
battery pack consisted of twenty-six 12 V, 60 Ah lead-acid batteries
holding 67.4 MJ (18.7 kWh) of energy, or twenty-six 13.2-volt, 77 Ah
nickel-metal hydride batteries which held 95.1 MJ (26.4 kWh) of
energy.

"A modified EV1 prototype set a land speed record for production
electric vehicles of 183 mph (295 km/h) in 1994."

The problem is, the cars had a lot of problems, were expensive to
make, and had lmited utility. It seems to me the "Elicca" shares these
same problems. I suspect the most practical recent electric vehicles
were the electric Ford Rangers offered in the late 1990s/early 2000's.
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Ranger_EV . It terms of
practicallity, it blows that ridiculous "Elicca" limo thing into the
weeds.

Ed

Old June 17th 09, 01:55 PM posted to rec.autos.misc
krp

"C. E. White" > wrote in message

>> Well - apparently NOBODY! While Fords is thinking about thinking about
>> thinking about an electric car in the FAR FAR FAR future, GM and Chrysler
>> execs sit around yanking their puds with an extremely STUPID expression
>> on their faces. The Japanese RIGHT NOW - which means to the non-retarded,
>> "TODAY" have an OPERATING prototype already tested with a top speed OVER
>> 250 MPH and with a rage of over 350 miles on a charge. Whine GM can get
>> one up to 40 and for 10 miles. WOW the NEW General Motors. Chrysler still
>> doesn't know what an electric car IS.

> Where did you get the range of 350 miles? The article you cited listed two
> ranges - 120 miles or 200 miles depending on the model (another article
> claimed a range of 190 miles at 60 mph). This would be followed by a ten
> hour recharge. I can see this working for a commuter car, but not for one
> that you would take on a trip.

First of all the article is based on 2003 information. Lots has happened in
the pats 6 years. IF you saw the documentary on HD-Net (Infocus) much has
been improved since and they are getting 300+ mile range, however even
there, since then they have been getting NEW batteries from China that are
much more efficient.

Yes I know it is ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE.. Can't be done. Not for 200 years.
Yet when I think of driving to go visit cousins up north, I don't drive for
90 hours. I generally crap out sometimes before I have driven 10 hours. I
could have my wife take over. But generally have found a night in a nice
motel works better. Again with a bit of engineering the batteries can be on
a removable sled and exchanged for fresh batteries. I know, I know JOHNNY
HOT ROD will want to mess with them to get MORE and MORE SPEED.... But does
Johnny hot rod need something faster than 250 MPH? Does Johnny HOT ROD need
something faster than being able to blow away a Porsche race car? Are 99%
of the people just like Johnny Hot Rod who will burn up battery packs?
Johnny wants 500 MPH. Where is he gonna drive over 250? Maybe at 5,000 MPH
car? Give me a break. The same kind of crazy **** was said about having to
feed a car with gasoline every 200 miles when you could ride your horse for
DAYS without stopping.

Old June 17th 09, 02:34 PM posted to rec.autos.misc,talk.politics
Docky Wocky

Electric car? Who killed America? How did we get back to royalty?

Before his time in the king seat is over, the crooked Messiah will destroy
what made America what it once was but he and every politician alive will
not suffer one bit, because previous politicians fixed life for themselves
and their progeny.

The crooked Obama will never have to endure what the average Joe will have
to endure when it comes to the coming ecogeek economy where gasoline is too
expensive for the working man and America turns to the bicycle for
commuting.

Imagine the coming bicycle gap.

Despicable politicians always take excellent care of Number One and, by
tradition, leave the common folks to fend for themselves no matter how
demeaning life for them becomes.

He'll be living in his high-walled compound with government supplied power
and 1000 Praetorians guarding his ass 24/7, occasionally phoning Algore to
see what's new in palace heating and cooling.

Old June 17th 09, 02:40 PM posted to rec.autos.misc
C. E. White[_1_]

What is it with electric car fanactics? Do you guys drink some sort of
wackho koolaid?

I never said electric cars were impossible. In fact, I pointed out
that the Electric Ranger Ford built a decade ago was more practical
than the ridiculous electric limo thing you were touting. You
completely gloss over all the problem companies have had with electric
cars. Yes batteries are better now, but they are still the weak link.
Heavy, expensive, and full of toxic materials. Battery life is still
questionable. And the "new" batteries that work so well in staged
demonstartions don't work so well in 100+ degree heat in the summer
or -20 degree cold in the winter or after they are 5 years old. And
then there is the whole problem of cost. And you also sort of ignore
what would happen to the electric power grid it suuddenly we added a
few million electric cars to the power demands....

I think electric cars have a niche. The problem is, are the potential
volumes large enough to make them attractive to manufacturers that can
actually make them cheaply enough to make them practical for the
people that would find them attractive?

Where do you see them fitting into the overall transporation picture?
I suspect that for most people where the electric cars would be the
"right" solution, good mass transit would be an even better solution.

It is not like electric cars are a new thing. People have been
promoting them as the next great thing for as long as their have been
cars. You seem to think that a purpose built exibition vehicle proves
they are now practical. But if this is the case, wouldn't
http://www.roadsters.com/750/ prove we should be driving turbine
cars....

Ed