Ford Fusion reverse gear

Old July 13th 09, 08:33 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc,alt.autos.ford
HLS

Default Ford Fusion reverse gear

"razz" > wrote in message
> Actually the production mustang was unveiled at the worlds fair in new
> york in april of 64, and was available to the public that same month. All
> other mustangs previous to that were only Prototypes and were never sold
> to the public.

Never brought into production was the Mustang I, a car that made us
salivate:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mustang_I

A couple were made, and at least one of them showed up at a race track
and took some fast laps.

Old July 13th 09, 11:23 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc,alt.autos.ford
jim

Toyota MDT in MO wrote:

> On Jul 13, 10:43 am, "Mike" > wrote:
> > Of course you are correct, at 83 years old and after over seventy cars, I
> > was confusing the Mustang with my Falcon Sprint which was referred to as a
> > 1963 1/2 by Ford . But the Mustangs VIN is 65 not 64 and the title is 64
> > and I should have listed it as a 1964 1/2.

> So in all of those bets that you won at car shows, no one saw that the
> title was for a Falcon Sprint? They couldn't ID the VIN, given these
> were car guys that usually know their car history ****? Do you feel
> compelled now to refund all of your earnings since you were wrong the
> whole time? Were you 83 at the time, and does that explain why you
> didn't know what cars you own?

Give him a break. He said he is old and can't remember. Who knows maybe
the part he has forgotten is that he lost every single bet.

-jim

Old July 14th 09, 10:36 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc,alt.autos.ford
Mike

No, what I meant to say was the Mustang was referred to by Ford as the 1964
1/2 Mustang but they have a 1965 VIN number.

I said 1963 in error because the new Sprint and the convertible when they
came out in April of 1963 were referred to as 1963 1/2 Falcons, as well,
because they offered the new engines that met 1964 federal regulations.

My cars have PA lifetime "Historic Car" plates, so I have annual
registration and no generally have no need to look at titles in my bank box
any more.

.. .

Old July 14th 09, 11:35 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc,alt.autos.ford
Toyota MDT in MO

jim wrote:
> Toyota MDT in MO wrote:
>
>> On Jul 13, 10:43 am, "Mike" > wrote:
>>
>>> Of course you are correct, at 83 years old and after over seventy cars, I
>>> was confusing the Mustang with my Falcon Sprint which was referred to as a
>>> 1963 1/2 by Ford . But the Mustangs VIN is 65 not 64 and the title is 64
>>> and I should have listed it as a 1964 1/2.
>>>

>> So in all of those bets that you won at car shows, no one saw that the
>> title was for a Falcon Sprint? They couldn't ID the VIN, given these
>> were car guys that usually know their car history ****? Do you feel
>> compelled now to refund all of your earnings since you were wrong the
>> whole time? Were you 83 at the time, and does that explain why you
>> didn't know what cars you own?
>>

> Give him a break. He said he is old and can't remember. Who knows maybe
> the part he has forgotten is that he lost every single bet.
>
> -jim

I'll assume that your comment was smiley based. If not, personally I'm
tired of his lies and bull**** and can't always let them go. It never
changes with this guy. How do you really know he's 83? Forgetting and
lying are two different things. Again, this response is only in case
you didn't intend to smiley your post :-)

--
Toyota MDT in MO
Old July 15th 09, 01:04 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc,alt.autos.ford
jim

Toyota MDT in MO wrote:

> I'll assume that your comment was smiley based.

Aren't smileys kinda like laughing at your own joke?

-jim
Old July 15th 09, 05:34 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc,alt.autos.ford
Toyota MDT in MO

jim wrote:
> Toyota MDT in MO wrote:
>

>> I'll assume that your comment was smiley based.
>>

> Aren't smileys kinda like laughing at your own joke?
>
> -jim

Not normally, no.

--
Toyota MDT in MO