Zero lash cont.

Old January 29th 05, 06:01 AM
Rojo2G

Default Zero lash cont.

Sorry about the continance, if the pushrods are still a bit loose, should I
continue tightening(4th time, 5th, 6th....whatever it takes)?
I'm nearly done,
Thanks Rojo
Old January 29th 05, 04:41 PM
shiden_kai

Rojo2G wrote:

> Sorry about the continance, if the pushrods are still a bit loose,
> should I continue tightening(4th time, 5th, 6th....whatever it takes)?
> I'm nearly done,

Why don't you stop starting new threads everytime you post?

It sounds to me like you are making the classic mistake of
thinking that you haven't reached zero lash when in fact you
have, and/or are way past it. If you are adjusting brand new
hydraulic lifters, there wont be any oil inside the adjusting
plunger, and so you will only be working against spring
pressure under the plunger which is quite weak compared
to when the hydraulic lifter is filled with oil. Do the procedure
again, back off the nut until you "know" for sure that you
have some play (move the pushrod up and down to check), then
tighten the rocker arm nut down while lightly spinning the push
rod. As soon as you feel the push rod bind, stop.....lift the push
rod up and down again, do you have any play? If so, tighten a
little bit more while spinning the pushrod until you are sure that
you are right at "zero" lash. Once you achieve "zero" lash, you
will still be able to push past the spring on the hydraulic lifter
if you put enough force on the pushrod...ignore this. Do all
the valves this way, then go back over them and give the 1/2 to
3/4 of a turn.

Ian

Zero lash Cont. Rojo2G Technology 12 January 31st 05 02:59 PM
Adjusting valves cont. Rojo2G Technology 3 January 26th 05 12:40 PM