Infiniti QX4 1998 - Right headlight won't turn off

Old May 20th 07, 08:04 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

Default Infiniti QX4 1998 - Right headlight won't turn off

Recently I replaced the fuel filter, spark plugs and distributor.
After we put the new distributor on, the right head light stays on
anytime the car is running. It turns on as soon as I start the car.
The left one only comes on when I turn the lights on.

Any idea why this is happening or how to fix it? I tried
disconnecting the battery for awhile, but it did not work. My 4WD
light also stays on all the time (while it's not in 4wd).

Old May 21st 07, 07:31 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
bbtimkcmo

On May 20, 2:04 pm, wrote:
> Recently I replaced the fuel filter, spark plugs and distributor.
> After we put the new distributor on, the right head light stays on
> anytime the car is running. It turns on as soon as I start the car.
> The left one only comes on when I turn the lights on.
>
> Any idea why this is happening or how to fix it? I tried
> disconnecting the battery for awhile, but it did not work. My 4WD
> light also stays on all the time (while it's not in 4wd).
>
> Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

i believe that the light that stays on is a driving light and both
sides should be on. my guess is that you have a driving light bulb
burned out on the side that is not on.

Old May 23rd 07, 05:21 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

Thanks - but that is not the problem. That model does not have a
driving light, or shouldn't. I've had the car for 6 years, and the
lights are always off unless I turn them on.