So much for hands-free cellphones

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 29th 05, 04:09 PM
Larry Bud

John S. wrote:
> Since she said she was talking on the phone it is a pretty good guess
> that her full attention was not being given to the fancy driving
> technique needed to cross a bridge.

Oh REALLY??? That's NOT what she said:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in683445.shtml

"There's a metal grate over this bridge. I think it was just a
combination of maybe wind and a lot of water. As soon as I went onto
the metal grate, my car started to slide like it was on ice, and it
started to slide into oncoming traffic, which made me way over-correct,
trying to steer away from the oncoming car. As soon as my car hit the
pavement again, it shot me off like a slingshot. My tires were already
turned. So it just shot me off. It happened so quickly." \

Once again you people with some bug up your butt about cell phones
attribute every little thing, and maybe at times even make **** up in
an attempt to demonize an inanimate object.